lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-05-2012, 04:14 PM   #11
Reefbreak
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 95 EZGO Medalist Limo Build - Rookie

OK, here are some pics after a few hours were spent taking it apart.

Need lost of stuff and open to suggestions. Debating taking all of the wiring off to sand blast and powder coat. sounds like a lot of work to rewire, but with switching to 48 volts and adding the delta-q, stereo, lights etc., it may be the way to go.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0171.jpg (205.6 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0172.jpg (249.1 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0172.jpg (249.1 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0173.jpg (218.4 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0175.jpg (184.7 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0177.jpg (57.3 KB, 9 views)
Reefbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-06-2012, 08:31 AM   #12
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefbreak View Post
No there is not a tow run switch on it. Yes to the other reply, the FnR is in the middle of the front seat and it is a lever. The actual control is under the front pod.
Since my first post, I began the tear down. I would post some pictures if someone can explain how.

I have also bought an OEM center pod, so now I will need all of the seat brackets, backs, seats, etc. Hate to buy stuff that is upholstered just to have it redone.
I also need to by a flip down back seat, and a flip down tinted DOT approved from window.
Finally, do they make an electronic FnR switch? Something instead of the lever.

Thanks,
Reefbreak
you can convert your f/r set up using a reversing contactor and hd solenoid. sorry, don't know how to wire it, but many others here do.
love your shop. a bit smallish, but great cabinet work and flooring!
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 03:28 PM   #13
Reefbreak
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Yes, I need to get some of the stuff out of there so I have more room to work. Just finished with the DMV and working on getting a title.

What are your feelings on pulling all the wiring so that I can have the frame sandblasted and powder coated. Are there reliable plans for the re-wire?

BTW, I just realized that although it is a Medalist, it has all plastic body work. So the previous owner must have put the plastic in when they stretched it; I guess.

Is there any other differences between a Medalist and. TXT?

In case anyone else is reading and they have a idea on where to get a dash mount FnR for a series cart?

Any ideas in which motor is better, PQ or DD?
Old 03-07-2012, 09:54 AM   #14
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

the wiring is not hard. there are wiring diagrams in the stickies at the top of the forum.
except for the bodies and how they mount, there is really no diff. between a medalist and a txt. mine is a medalist with a txt front end.
do a search on reversing contactors. some are using a f/r switch from a club car or yamaha and mounting it next to the old f/r handle.
don't know about motors, but have heard nothing bad about either. there seems to be more hands on service with plum tho.
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:13 AM   #15
Reefbreak
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for the info.

Do you have a limo cart? If yes do you have any pictures? Also wondering where and how you order parts for stretched carts. It looks like they added 30" to my cart. I need diamond plate rockers, and flooring for it. As for wiring, do you start from scratch, or maybe use stock stuff from an ezgo express.

Thanks
Old 03-07-2012, 11:42 PM   #16
Captain Michael
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I have 3 limo carts that are customized for our business that we use on a resort island. Our forth cart is in-process of being stretched. I've been taking pictures of the build and just dragging my feet on getting the thread going.

As for the wiring, if you can get it all apart in one piece or label very well and just leave it alone until you are ready to do the mock-up prior to painting. If you are just going to re-assemble after painting, then still wait to do the wiring. Mount every part back in its place and simply replace one wire at a time.

If you get a 50' roll of 4 guage battery wire (I used marine grade stuff) and about 25 or so 5/16" lugs, a crimp tool, and 1/2" heat shrink (with sealing glue) and have at it. Label one, Pull one....make one, and label it too. Labeling makes it so much easier to troubleshoot if/when you have issues. If you stay with the factory color coding on the control wiring then future problems will be less of an issue when asking for help. Paper tape and a sharpie is all you need to label the wires. Take pictures of everything for reference and ofcourse.....posting

Good luck on this build and I like your garage too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Golf Cart #2.jpg (59.7 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 2011-01-10 22.14.56.jpg (110.1 KB, 4 views)
Captain Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:16 AM   #17
fourharts
Not Yet Wild

can any one get me the measurements of an ez-go limo. like the wheel base and the actual length and how much you put in.
fourharts is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
limo
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO