lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-25-2019, 05:48 AM   #11
Shane dog95
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: water in the oil

my Club car was running strange, emptied the oil and it was real runny like water? its been raining lots and right now its been parked in my garage due to repainting and other tuning up on it, going to put fresh oil and oil filter on it, after reading the comments I think it will be much better after I'm done with oil change, I'm not sure what's in the old oil?, I'm thinking maybe Gas? I have new spark plug in it so I'll just have to see if this happens again? I've saved the old oil for someone else to look at
Shane dog95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-25-2019, 08:19 AM   #12
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

gas in the oil will make it runny, from either a failed fuel pump or carb flooding the engine.

also if it is frequently run for short distances, but never driven enough to reach full operating temp, condensation will appear and never have the chance to burn off.

my guess is it is probably gas in the oil. usually water mixed in engine oil turns into more of a chocolate milkshake type color and consistency. however, keep in mind gasoline evaporates pretty easily so if you left it in the drain pan for more than a day or two, the gasoline has probably evaporated leaving just oil with no more gas smell.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 08:56 AM   #13
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Enough fuel in the oil will make it appear milky. Usually it's obvious if you just get a whiff while its draining because it will smell like fresh gas really strong.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 11:53 AM   #14
mrlmd
Gone Wild

Water mixed with the oil turns it milky, almost like mayonnaise. Most likely the runny oil has been diluted by gas. Has the level on the dipstick gone up?
mrlmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 09:47 AM   #15
Shane dog95
Not Yet Wild

could I of gotten Gas in the oil, by over choking the motor? or was the float stuck? I changed the oil with new oil filter, jacked up the rear wheels so I could test run the motor in my garage and its running fine, but the real test is outside, I'll comment after that run
Shane dog95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car