lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-20-2012, 08:17 PM   #1
btyanke
Not Yet Wild

Default did i already have 4 ga cables

I just bought a set of 4 ga battery cables on ebay, which by the way two are too short. Any way when i took mine off they are green and the same diameter. Im pretty sure there stock cause the cart came from a golf course and i doubt they upgraded anything. Batteries r original and cables seem to match corosion of battery. Did pds come with 4 ga or did i get ripped off some small cables? 2008 ezgo pds
btyanke is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-20-2012, 09:07 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: did i already have 4 ga cables

PDS had two 4g cables from the motor to the controller. They did not use 4g on the rest (8pcs) of the cart.

Cheap short set from ebay,
sounds like a bargain gone bad?

I think we have all been there.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 09:43 PM   #3
btyanke
Not Yet Wild

Ha, you would think i would learn, i been ripped on ebay so many times. When i get some money saved i got a whole list of stuff i want to get from you store scotty
btyanke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 10:58 AM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

I've got his 2Ga cables (Complete set) on my '08 PDS and love them.
You won't see a top speed increase because the PDS controller limits motor RPM to about 4400 and even the stock 6Ga intra battery pack cables will pass the 70 Amps or so needed to cruise at 18MPH.
You also won't feel much increase acceleration since the PDS controller ramps up over a second or so.
What you will notice is that it won't slow as much on inclines.
That is about the only time the PDS controller doesn't mask corners EZGO's accountants cut by having smaller gauge cables installed between batteries.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO