lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-01-2012, 10:49 PM   #11
sledgehammer800
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: help with motor or controller slipping

That is so funny because we did the same thing at camp ground and yes I think a couple did have a beer or two. LOL. I'm still leaning toward the controller. . I'm thinking the altrax is nothandleing the amps on initial startup. The high stopped gears is making the motor draw to many amps. it feels like a car with a slipping clutch
sledgehammer800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-02-2012, 12:26 AM   #12
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

That's what I thought, more of a supply problem than a mechanical one. Which is why I was trying to get somebody to with a realtime readout to see if voltage was dropping out?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 01:00 AM   #13
sledgehammer800
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I read on another post where someone had put 8.1 gears in and he reported a reading of 544 amps at take off. But he also had 72 volt cart with700 amp controller thats why I think my 500 amp may besurging or something.
Old 05-02-2012, 05:55 AM   #14
Mrh20
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Sledgehammer, a slipping clutch is what mine feel like also. I will plug in the laptop tonight and see what the amp draw is. I might also lower my throttle up rate. I think it's at 7 now and just might me to much for the PDS motor and it's trying to pull more than controller can give.
Mrh20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 04:15 PM   #15
sledgehammer800
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Well did you have any luck? I talked with a guy this week end that work for a local repair shop and he thinks its in the rear end. something slipping. I just dont buy it. When I had my torque gears in the thing would lift the front tires off the ground with just me sitting in it. I'm going to put the stock motor back in it tomorrow if I don't get forced to work. Sorry it's been awhile just been working 12 hours a day and not much time left over for cart.
Old 05-10-2012, 09:41 PM   #16
Mrh20
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I have been busy also, I did turn down my throttle up to 3. Wife and kids like it better. The slip is still there, I just don't slam the throttle all the way from a stop. Will be interested if yours still does it with stock motor.
Old 05-15-2012, 12:35 PM   #17
sledgehammer800
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Well backed up on ramps today and went ahead and pulled the pan so I could watch what was going on. Strapped to truck "redneck" gave her a good slap on the gas and no movement except the motor. Swapped motors back to stock and it seems to be a little worse. I've got to get my hands on a lap top. I really think it's in the controller.
Old 05-15-2012, 01:23 PM   #18
Mrh20
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Has to be if it does it with the other motor. What should we look at voltage or amp wise when plugged into a laptop?
Old 05-15-2012, 10:07 PM   #19
sledgehammer800
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Not sure but if it's pulling over 500amps. I'm thinking it acting like a 3 phase motor and not getting enough. Even though my altrax is 500 amp I thinking it only actully rateed around 450 -480 amp even worse. Oh well I was hoping for somehelp here cause I'm lost.. LOL along with everyone I talk to about it.
Old 05-16-2012, 10:46 PM   #20
sledgehammer800
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

controller gurus! Please help. seems like everyone is busy alltrax hasn't even called back
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO