lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-25-2012, 07:03 AM   #1
terry2shot
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Another 96 txt that won't go

I think I already know the answer, just looking to confirm. My cart started acting up (this was intermittant) where you would step on the accelerator, the solinoid would click, the voltage gauge would peg in the red, but no go. If you gave it a slight push (no more than a foot) to spin the motor a bit, it would run fine. Now all it does is click the solinoid and peg the voltage gauge in the red. Did the motor crap out?? seem like it too me. the batteries are charged..so...ideas please.
terry2shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-25-2012, 12:50 PM   #2
FF Titus
Gone Wild

Default Re: Another 96 txt that won't go

I would vote that the motor is bad. Jack it up and put some jack stands under it, then press on the acc ped slowly. Listen for the brushes grinding in the motor or with the weight off if the motor turns the wheel at all.
FF Titus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 01:48 PM   #3
terry2shot
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Not that anybody lost any sleep over this, but the motor was bad. I had it rebuilt. Where the brushes contacted the arm was out of round and the bearings were shot. Better than new now.
terry2shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 05:34 PM   #4
rib33024

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry2shot View Post
Not that anybody lost any sleep over this, but the motor was bad. I had it rebuilt. Where the brushes contacted the arm was out of round and the bearings were shot. Better than new now.
Good to hear your up and running
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO