lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-24-2012, 07:27 PM   #1
tcascario
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 1999 dcs wont go

I had a previous thread that did not get to the solution so I thought I would simplify things. My wife was driving cart up a hill at normal speed when it beeped 1 time and stopped moving. I have an alltrax dcx400 and converted to 48v. I replaced the controller and still same problem. I did the the diagnostic tests from here and it pointed to the its so I changed that and still no change. Situation now the controller is always on unless flipped to tow mode. When I turn on key and place in forward or reverse the solenoid clicks on and does not go off until the key is turned off. I tested the motor and it moved. Any ideas?
tcascario is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-25-2012, 07:50 AM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1999 dcs wont go

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcascario View Post
.............. When I turn on key and place in forward or reverse the solenoid clicks on and does not go off until the key is turned off.............
Sounds like you might have more than one problem, but what's causing the symptom quoted above is pretty straightforward.
The microswitch in the pedal box is bad or maladjusted; Or the wires leading to/from pedal box microswitch are shorted together.

Check for B+ on Pin-5 at controller. (Same pin on both DCX400(DCS) and stock 1206SX)
B+ should only be on Pin-5 when pedal is pushed.
If it is there all the time key is on, the pedal box microswitch isn't doing what it is supposed to be doing for some reason or another.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 05:51 PM   #3
cheapjeep2
Gone Wild

Club Car

How did this turn out?
cheapjeep2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 02:41 PM   #4
tcascario
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I ended up taking it to my local golf cart shop. Hopefully I should hear something tomorrow. I will update this in case anyone else has the same problem.
Old 08-02-2012, 09:04 PM   #5
tcascario
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Posting in case anyone else runs into the same problem. Golf cart shop thought the problem was the controller until I told them it was brand new. They checked everything on the golf cart including the motor and the controller. Since the controller was new they pulled the motor and took it apart to see if that could be the problem. When they opened the motor everything was melted inside. I am having it rebuilt now. When they originally checked the motor everything checked out OK yet it was still the problem and they said they have had this before. Thanks to everyone who tried to help resolve the issue.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO