lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-24-2012, 07:55 PM   #1
dwblaine
Not Yet Wild

Default EZGO RXV battery issues...help needed

I have a 2011 RXV and have replaced two batteries in the last two months. The batteries were replaced under warranty. This past weekend I took the cart out for a five mile ride with wife and friend, and cart was at 50% on the battery gauge when I returned to house. This was after a full charge the day before. I have charged until charger kicked off and waited 12 hours and tested battery pack. 44.8 total volts. Each battery is about 11.2 volts. (4x12 volts each Trojans). I have recharged twice now and retested with same results. Clean terminals, tight connections, all electrolyte levels good.

All of this began after I lifted cart.

The cart is still under warranty, so I will get ezgo to look at it, but I'm wondering what the heck is up? Warranty expires in one month and I'm really nervous about this issue.

Any help would be much appreciated.
dwblaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-24-2012, 08:33 PM   #2
Rhoughton1
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO RXV battery issues...help needed

Sounds like your charger is not fully charging. 11.5 is not fully charged.
Rhoughton1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:10 PM   #3
Jerj7907
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I would charge each battery by itself with a standard charger and see if you can get the voltage increased. Also take a voltmeter and check each individual cell on all 4 batteries. If they charge properly individually than you can turn your attention towards the charger, I believe. Batteries will get stronger the more you charge them, up to a certain point but 11.2 is to low. I am no battery expert but there are a more knowledgeable people on here. You might want to hit up JohnnieB. I don't personally know him but have read his threads and I would say he knows what he is talking about and might have some ideas for you.
Jerj7907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:22 PM   #4
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Do you have a DeltaQ charger? Is the LED solid green when you disconnect the charger? Does the pack voltage INCREASE when the charger is plugged in and running?

11.2v is DEAD.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:46 PM   #5
dwblaine
Not Yet Wild

Yes, it's a deltaQ. Yes the LED is solid green when I disconnect. The pack voltage does increase when I plug in. I think it jumps up to about 53 or so volts while plugged in. The minute I unplug it begins dropping.

I did check each battery individually and they were all around 11.2 fully charged and rested.

I think I will charge each battery individually and see if I can get the voltage up. I also failed to mention this is my second DeltaQ charger. First one failed.

Thank you all for the suggestions. Very much appreciate you guys.
dwblaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 10:07 PM   #6
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Try letting it charge fully, switch it to tow and disconnect a battery cable.. Just wonder if you have something pulling a load.. let them sit and then check the voltage... but 11.2 is not good
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:10 AM   #7
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerj7907 View Post
Also take a voltmeter and check each individual cell on all 4 batteries.
I assume you mean hydrometer. I don't know how to check individual cells within a battery using a DVM.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO