lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-10-2012, 08:07 PM   #1
Busted Knuckles
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Talking I am doing the HF electric to gas conversion.

I just got a 1991 Ezgo marathon "I think" the plate says Textron. Its just a cart to get back and forth to the bus stop with the kids and to the ice house across the street. Besides a little rust the cart was in good shape. The Jakes drop axle lift is really nice, but I need to get some good 1 inch wheel spacers for the front. I have 22x11x8.0 mud kings all the way around and the steering linkage rubs the tire. Wides up front look cool but hopefully the spacers don't stress the front end much. The cart is completely stripped to frame and painted right now after a lot of brushing and sanding. As soon as I am a member long enough I will post some pics. I brushed black HD auto enamel over the frame, suspension, and axles. Hopefully it will keep the rust away for a while. When i removed the electronics out of it I notice the motor is not stock. Is there anyone here that can look at a few pics for me and see what I should ask for a selling price on the electronics and motor. I just want it to be a good deal for the person that buys it. As soon as I sell these I can get the rest of the parts I need for mock up. I have experience with UTV and ATVs If I can fit 420cc in there I can put a weight adjustable Comet system. But the 6.5hp 212cc scoots pretty good if I cant get the 420cc to fit. There aren't any hills here in town. I will try to post the progress and the materials used for everyone once I can.
Busted Knuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-11-2012, 03:50 AM   #2
Busted Knuckles
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: I am doing the HF electric to gas conversion.

Can anyone look at the pics? I will email them. Forum wont let me post pics or links.
Old 08-11-2012, 04:43 AM   #3
1moretoy
Never really finished

Mixed Breed

I think your original post may be a little confusing. Does your cart have the electric motor in it now or a 6.5 aftermarket engine?
1moretoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 01:34 PM   #4
Busted Knuckles
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I am installing the 6.5 hp clone motor and taking out the electronics. I have no idea what to ask for the electonics?
Old 08-11-2012, 01:51 PM   #5
Busted Knuckles
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

The predator 420cc is to tall for what I have planned. The 212cc is only 14" tall 14 1/2 with rubber motor mounts. I am trying to mock up the drop floor for the motor but I have to sell the electronics to purchase the harbor freight 6.5 hp 212cc motor, tav2, yellow spring, 12 tooth tav2 sprocket, 11 tooth rear sprocket on the rear end, and a spring loaded tensioner from grainger. I will see if I have enough posts I will post some pics for a fellow forum member can help tell me what I have. "electronic wise"
Old 08-11-2012, 02:02 PM   #6
Busted Knuckles
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I added a picture of the label of the electric motor as my profile picture if anyone wants to take a peek.
Old 08-11-2012, 03:02 PM   #7
Busted Knuckles
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I found a sprocket that fits the rear end splines but it for the 530 chain.

With a chop saw and a little welding I think it can be modified with a smaller 11 tooth 41 chain sprocket.

I cant post a link yet but I found it on bmi carts.

13T #530 Drive Sprocket (05784)

13T #530 Drive Sprocket
19 Splines on the inside of the sprocket
Old 08-11-2012, 06:23 PM   #8
1moretoy
Never really finished

Mixed Breed

If you are doing the 6.5hp and chain and sprocket behind a torque converter, sounds like you are setting yours up like I did. Take a look at my gallery. I too had a hard time trying to figure out what sprockets to use but after trial and error, I finally got mine like I want it. Has low end torque but will still get a little speed behind it too.
Old 08-11-2012, 06:29 PM   #9
1moretoy
Never really finished

Mixed Breed

here is a good thread on the subject where I chimed in around page 8

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/clone...200-clone.html
Old 08-11-2012, 07:08 PM   #10
Busted Knuckles
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I am using Ryans build as a blue print. I am using different gears than him because of my taller tires. A 12 tooth on the tav2 and a 11 tooth on the rear with the overdrive built into the tav2 system. It should have plenty low end and at least 15 mph top speed. The town I live in lets us drive the golf carts around town on the side walks and to the bar as long as we don't go to fast. I think the reliability of the set up is dependent on a quality self adjusting chain tensioner. I know a guy that resurfaces the tavs and atv pulleys and it can change the throw out, low and top end. The belt wont slip as easily either due to the machining on the sheaves. :)

Tags
hf 6.5 hp 212cc
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO