lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-22-2013, 09:16 AM   #11
SouthCentral
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Finally got my 94 medalist

Got the motor apart and cleaned up with the help of a good buddy and we found that the problem (which was thought to be loose bolts on the rods) was actually a shattered rod from being over-tightened. so we put a new one and and re-polished the shaft and now its good to go. I should have snapped some pics of the motor apart but my hands were filthy and i wasnt about to touch my phone.
I do have a couple pictures of the motor all cleaned up and the new-to-me tires and wheels that I got for it. I'll get them up later today.
SouthCentral is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-24-2013, 08:04 PM   #12
SouthCentral
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Just a couple pics of the wheels/ tires.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20130414_203515.jpg (188.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20130414_203553.jpg (156.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-05-2013, 09:26 PM   #13
SouthCentral
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

well i got the new body on the cart, mounted the roll bars and reinstalled the rear seat kit. Everything is about done externally.

I have an issue with the motor though. When i press the gas pedal i can hear the starter trying to turn but it wont go. I thought it was maybe a weak battery so i hooked up a charger. That helped a little as it was able to spin it for a brief second but very slowly. It would then stop when compression built up. Next i removed the spark plugs to remove the compression and it was able to spin it but still not as fast as I would think it should. As soon as i put the plugs back it failed to spin again. Perhaps the pistons are sticking/ tight? Is there something I can put in where the spark plugs go to help loosen them up/ lube the cylinder walls? i tried PB blaster and it seemed to help temporarily but there has got to be something better right??

Here is a picture of it as it sits today.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20130505_183630.jpg (124.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-08-2013, 03:21 AM   #14
hunterbill
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I have a 79 Marathon 3 wheel that was doing the same thing. I replaced the brushes and that made all the difference in the world. Might be something to try.
hunterbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 05:42 AM   #15
dmi518
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

are the plugs wet when you remove them? Possibly a hydro lock situation.
dmi518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 07:49 AM   #16
mclaughlinle
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I have an '88 Marathon, and I had the same problem.... I had the same solution as hunterbill....
mclaughlinle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 06:07 PM   #17
SouthCentral
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

hunterbill and mclaughlinle thanks for the suggestion, i'll try that out. the weird thing is that before the motor was pulled and cleaned out it ran fine (other than the broken rod that it had). At this point i'll try anything.

dmi518: I havent noticed to be honest... would it be hydro locked if they were wet (I assume you mean with water moisture?)
Old 05-14-2013, 07:29 AM   #18
SouthCentral
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

replaced battery and it turned over. So i think most of the blame initially was on the dead battery. however i did have a buddy help replace the brushes on the starter last night and they were well worn. He also told me that the starter helps to keep the battery charged so that is probably why the battery was dead in the first place (the previous owner neglected to replace the brushes and kept running iut: resulting in the battery eventually failing).
I did have it running yesterday though, even before i replaced the brushes. so thats a big relief. now i just need to get the starter back on, install my speakers and get the seats redone and it will be done... for now. :)
Old 05-15-2013, 07:08 AM   #19
nobuckbuild
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I love when people say done its never done just its just on hold while you get to ride it awhile
nobuckbuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 01:26 PM   #20
SouthCentral
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

very true :)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO