lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-31-2012, 11:53 PM   #1
Bru72
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default verry little power on my 36v ezgo

I have a 36v EZ-GO lifted golf cart it was about 2 years old when i purchased it and i never was impresed with the power or speed i replaced the batteries last year with new trojin 105 it didn't improve anything. The speed and power is getting worse i checked the batteries and they all have 6.6v. does anyone have any advice.
Bru72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-01-2013, 06:09 AM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: verry little power on my 36v ezgo

Welcome to BGW!

What size tires? (Stock tire height is 18" - Taller tires will have more speed and less torque)

What type drive? (Series wound motor or Sepex - See attached chart)

The most likely suspect is excessive resistance in the high current cables, connections and/or contacts.

Please identify your cart so we can troubleshoot it.
Year
Model
Drive type

If you don't know, enter the serial number on this website and it will tell you how it left the factory. http://www.shopezgo.com/customer-ser...ialNumber.html
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ezgoguide.jpg (78.0 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:12 PM   #3
Bru72
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

sorry it took so long to respond. My cart is a Make: TXT Type : Electric 36v Model: TXT Standard Year: 2005 the Motor is a Advanced D.C. Motors INC.
Part # 73445G01 A02-4012 36V Serial# 68394 Rating : AU2500 FLT SPD 11/05/04 and it has no power or speed also the tires are 22 11.00x10 thanks for responding acording to the chart it's a series motor
Old 01-04-2013, 03:41 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Stock motor and controller, big tires. T105 are minimum capacity. Could be you are getting some significant voltage losses through the stock delivery system.
Are you doing anything more than rolling around on very flat ground? Rear seat?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:37 PM   #5
Bru72
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

yes it has a rear seat all the cables were replaced with 2-0 when i changed the batteries last year we only use it on flat ground. my inlaws have one like it and theres has much more power and is much faster same tires with a rear seat
Old 01-05-2013, 06:30 AM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

With stock height tires (18") a TXT series cart will have a top speed in the 12MPH to 14MPH range with a 36V battery pack.
Mathematically, 22" tires will up the top speed into the 15.8MPH to 18.5MPH range and reduce torque by 32%.
In real life, you probably won't see that high of a top speed because it take a lot of torque to turn those big tires and the stock driver system cannot deliver enough amps to produce the needed torque.

If they are properly constructed and installed, the 00Ga cables (13 pieces total) eliminated one of the four most common bottlenecks in the high current series loop, which means there are three remaining bottlenecks to address. The remaining being, controller, solenoid and F/R switch.

If you want more speed after eliminating all the bottlenecks in the existing drive system, you will have to increase the battery pack voltage.
Or at least, upping the voltage is what most series cart owners do.

-------------
What model is your in-law's cart, what type drive system and is it stock or does it have an aftermarket controller and/or other components?
I ask because you might not be comparing Apples to Apples when comparing your cart to theirs.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:20 PM   #7
Bru72
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

There's is a stock cart as for as I know series motor. I will change all the cables with 2 gauge wire. what would i have to do to convert it to a 48v cart I am not looking to do this all at once but if i ahve to replace the controler, solenoid, and F-R switch I would like to get some thing that would work both ways. Is there any thing else I would have to change. I don't want to make it a 48v until i have to replace the batteries. also if i convert it to 48v will a onboard 48v marine trolling motor charger work.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:47 PM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Marine batteries do not have the same charge requirements that golf cart batteries do, so I'll say no on the marine charger. But yes on the 36 now and 48 later build. You can easily get 36-48v control, solenoid, and F&R. I program many of my packages just for this application.
Old 01-19-2013, 07:37 AM   #9
Bru72
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for the help i found the problem. I had a bad cable and F&R switch I will replace all the cables and the switch with a Heavy duty one Thanks again
Old 01-19-2013, 07:51 AM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Thanks for letting us know what the problem was. You can get upgraded controller and solenoid that are capable & programmed to run on 36v now and 48 volts later.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO