lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-15-2013, 05:42 AM   #11
suffolklou
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I had the same problem when I first got my 88. I even put an electric fuel pump on it. Turned out that the carb needed a good cleaning. It took me 3 tries to find all of the orifices. I kept missing the one in the bolt that holds the bowl on. That was my problem.
suffolklou is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-15-2013, 01:12 PM   #12
toadh21
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1984 ezgo 2pg running problem

I took carb of and I couldn't blow through the inlet of carb. Took it apart and seem like the inlet needlewas sticking. Got it freed up. Got it all put back together and tried to start it and it wouldn't hit so I took carb back off and the bowl didn't have much fuel in it.
toadh21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:58 PM   #13
rvkersh
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Something still wrong with the inlet or fuel lines. Are the lines new?
rvkersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:38 PM   #14
toadh21
Not Yet Wild

Yes lines are new. I got it to fill the bowl up but. It's acting like there nothing sucking the fuel into the crankcase.
Old 01-15-2013, 07:06 PM   #15
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

It is hard to make a diagnosis by remote control but you have the symptoms of a crankshaft seal failure. (I know you said that you replaced them but did you Loctite them in place?). The crankcase pressure oscillation is needed to operate your fuel pump (which has failed) and to suck fuel into the crankcase and then into the cylinder. If you have no crankcase pressure the engine will not run. I know that you had concerns regarding the reeds but they are pretty bullet proof. It is possible that if you have been running with a dirty or missing air filter one is stuck open but if that were the case you would probably see fuel mist blowing out of the carburetor.

A good test for the rear seal is to jack up the rear axle (or remove the drive belt) and get a friend to crank the engine. At the same time squirt some WD40 right in on the crankshaft seal behind the clutch. If the engine changes note or tries to start you have found the problem. Unfortunately there is no way to test the front seal as it is hidden by the flywheel.

Good luck

Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:20 PM   #16
toadh21
Not Yet Wild

I tried spraying wd40 and there was no change. Is there anything else I could do. Thanks for all your help so far
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO