lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-10-2013, 06:27 PM   #1
lugster
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Battery Tray Removal? 97 TXT DCS

Trying to decided if I need to take the battery tray out to refinish. It is fairly solid, has 2 small button holes in the rear portion of the rack but the metal around those is secure (Like the damage may have been stopped). I got most of the bolts out but the 2 torx bolts at the back of the floor board. Do those require a special tool, and will the tray come out without having to drill the rivets for the body? I may just leave it in and try and complete the refinish with POR 15, trying to avoid this:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...t=battery+tray

Thanks All!
lugster is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-10-2013, 06:31 PM   #2
as350pilot
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Battery Tray Removal? 97 TXT DCS

Really only you can decide what is best. If the metal frame seems to be entact enough to securely house the batteries, then you may be just fine. My '97 DCS battery rack is in rough condition, but it still is holding the batteries. I am going to replace it when I order a custom painted body here in the next couple of months.
as350pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:01 PM   #3
cokerta
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Battery Tray Removal? 97 TXT DCS

Lugster,
I left mine in place, neutralized the acid with a baking soda solution then wire brushed it followed by two coats of POR turned out just fine. Interested to see if the POR holds up to the acid corrosion.
cokerta is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO