lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-24-2013, 01:05 PM   #1
dave1963
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Premium vs Regular

Is it ok to run premium in the gas txt . Will it run better ?
dave1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-24-2013, 01:19 PM   #2
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Default Re: Premium vs Regular

only thing it'll do is cost you more money.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:25 PM   #3
sassycat
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

ive tryed mixing things up a few times and seen no difference in either in my cart..
i put ethanol free in it and my boat 2 weeks ago and the cart seems to burn less gas so far and seems to start up easyer with less choking in my opinion..def better on gas in my case but it cost more also..
the yamaha 20hp 4 stroke seems to run even a lil better and better on gas
this all could just be me but im gonna stay with non ethanol in the cart and boat from now on..prob better for them too
sassycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:48 PM   #4
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Premium is recommended by most small-engine makers now,since the Ethanol lowers the efficiency of the fuel so bad.Mileage will drop greatly with ethanol vs regular,since alchol burns 3times faster than gasoline.I don't use anything less than Mid-Grade in any of my small-engines,and the carts and quads get mostly High-Test.A good additive like Star-Tron or Marine Sta-Bil is also a good thing to do.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:06 PM   #5
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

ethanol free fuel will get you better mileage as per say. its takes less of it to do teh same work as 10% mixed ethanol.

SO if you can get ethanol free 87 than use it, if not than use a higher that is ethanol free. Most stations around me have non-ethanol premium (93 octane) now. 87 is mixed 10% with ethanol.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:09 PM   #6
sassycat
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

ethanol free is 93 octane here also
sassycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:04 AM   #7
dave1963
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for the replys
dave1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 06:48 PM   #8
BlackBerryHill
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I just wanted to add some food for thought about the fuel discussion. I installed a 18HP Briggs V-Twin in my cart and soon began having problems with the engine not wanting to run. I was using ethanol (10%) fuel without knowing about the engine damage that was occuring. My fuel pump disintegrated internally, the diaphrams are rubber which ethanol destroys quickly. Next my carb began filling with an unknown gunk and pieces of unknown material. I eventually found that the ethanol was disintegrating the inside of the fuel lines and caused the pieces of fuel line to clog up the carb. I contacted Tom at CPP about the issues I had with the fuel pump and he said Briggs will not warranty the fuel system components because of the effects of ethanol. Searched eBay and found a Briggs factory fuel pump for half the price of local retailers. Replaced the fuel lines, fuel filter, and did a complete tear down and cleaning of the carb.

I now only run marine grade ethanol free fuel in my cart and I no longer have the problems I experienced with ethanol infused fuel. Obviously the marine fuel is more expensive, but if you run fuel with ethanol you must add an additive to every tank of fuel which can be costly. Check your local auto parts stores for fuel additives and you will find the additives for offsetting the effects of ethanol. This is true for all small engines and marine engines. Ethanol is wreaking havoc on both types of engines all over the country because they were not designed to run on ethanol fuel. You can confirm what I am saying by searching the internet.

Hope this helps with the questions about ethanol fuel.
BlackBerryHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:24 PM   #9
Obee
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

What's worse is that they are using food to produce this crap!

Jeff
Obee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:19 PM   #10
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Listen around and you will hear horror stories in every gas-engine arena!Weed-Wackers that won't run unless they have a full tank(the ethanol hardens the fuel-lines in the tank,which fall off,and it only pulls fuel if full)Car-Guys that suddenly have engine-fires,because the gas dried out the rubber fuel-line under the hood,and sprayed fuel on the exhaust(same on bikes too).Lawn-Mowers are going thru hell,I fixed a dozen of them last year,clean the tank and carb,refill and its' fine.2-strokes with pre-mix are getting alot more sludge in the tanks too.Briggs wants Treatment in every tank-ful,no excuses.The best prevention is run Star-Tron or Marine Sta-Bil in every tank of everything,and once a month in vehichles.Always run your tanks down,to limit the residual Ethanol and Condensation that it attracts.A big issue in cars now is they suddenly don't run,but are getting "Fuel",but its' actually Ethanol,Water,and a trace of gas,since gas floats on top of the other 2.The biggest cause of this is people that get down to 1/4-1/2 tank and refill.They need to run down to flush this garbage out.If you can find Ethanol-Free,buy it.Around here there are a few places,but its' also alot more money/gallon.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO