lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-20-2013, 02:36 PM   #1
gijimmay
Not Yet Wild

Default Charging issue

Hello all,

My grandfather has a gas Ez-Go cart that is having an issue I have been hard pressed to track down. Me being relatively new to carts i am not sure on what model or year it is (neither is he)

The manufacturer code is A100
serial is 1238455

With that out of the way here is my issue.

The cart starts with no problems, however the voltage drops from 12.3 VDC to 11.4 VDC. Then gradually climbs up to 11.8 and stays put. I have tried grounding the regulator field wire with no results. I also read somewhere else on the forum that if it is starting the charging brushes should be functioning normally. So on to the big question, Does that mean the generator itself has failed? any help is much appreciated!

-Jimmy
gijimmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-20-2013, 11:19 PM   #2
racin161
Gone Wild

Default Re: Charging issue

Welcome to BGW I'm sure someone can help but I don't recognize the model numbers maybe someone else will but can you post a pick of the cart and engine compartment and we can go from there.

LU
racin161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 01:13 PM   #3
rvkersh
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

It's a 2000, how did you ground the green wire. Did you ground it from the regulator or the generator. If you ground it from the generator side the voltage will increase to around 18 volts, if it doesn't the gen is at fault, otherwise it is the voltage regulator.You need to unplug the green wire from the regulator to perform this test. I would suggest a genuine ezgo regulator, I have not had the aftermarket one last to long. Also clean all grounds before condemning any parts.
rvkersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:23 AM   #4
gijimmay
Not Yet Wild

I disconnected the wire from the generator side and grounded it, do you mean that i need to leave it connected to the generator and ground that post on the generator itself? All grounds are scrubbed clean so i am positive that's not at fault.
Old 03-22-2013, 02:14 PM   #5
rvkersh
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Ground the green wire from the gen. stud to frame ground.
rvkersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:09 PM   #6
gijimmay
Not Yet Wild

Guess I shoulda figured that, seemed a bit odd the way I was doing it! Thank you i will try that tomorrow and let you all know!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO