lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-12-2013, 08:08 AM   #1
WJ ezgo
Not Yet Wild

Default Removing parts

I did a search on this but couldn't find anything:

1. To do a top-end job, can you remove the cylinder without removing the engine (2-PG)?

2. If the governor cable set-screw is removed, should you remove anything else (governor lever, etc..)?
WJ ezgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-13-2013, 04:27 AM   #2
racin161
Gone Wild

Default Re: Removing parts

Welcome WJ To remove the cylinder you have to remove the engine from the cart. Three bolts in the front by the plug area and 4 in the rear of the engine which are the engine mounts. Just disconnect the governor cable at the carb and your good to go.

LOU
racin161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 08:20 AM   #3
WJ ezgo
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by racin161 View Post
Welcome WJ To remove the cylinder you have to remove the engine from the cart. Three bolts in the front by the plug area and 4 in the rear of the engine which are the engine mounts. Just disconnect the governor cable at the carb and your good to go.

LOU
Hey thanks Lou! Any thoughts about removing the governor cable, I don't use it(?)

Also, I run pre-mix and disconnected the pump but left it in-place. Like 2-stroke jetski oil injection systems, they sell a small triangular blanking plate that goes over the hole where the pump is located...do they make a similar thing for this cart?
Old 04-15-2013, 04:57 AM   #4
racin161
Gone Wild

For the governor just follow the cable to the linkage at the rear end clutch and remove it all. Simple! linkage and all. Frees up space. If you follow the oil line you'll see it goes to the top of the intake manifold there's a banjo fitting holding it in place remove it and plug that hole with a 6mm bolt or screw and seal it now you can remove the complete oil system tank and all. HEY also keep the bolt and washers you remove from the banjo fitting because it my help another member at some time that has lost theirs. It happens and I've already gave mine away. As for as a plate not that I know about but I suppose you could make one if you like. Just remove the pump and your good to go. Mix the fuel at 128:1 or 1oz per gallon

LOU
Old 04-15-2013, 07:03 AM   #5
WJ ezgo
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by racin161 View Post
For the governor just follow the cable to the linkage at the rear end clutch and remove it all. Simple! linkage and all. Frees up space. If you follow the oil line you'll see it goes to the top of the intake manifold there's a banjo fitting holding it in place remove it and plug that hole with a 6mm bolt or screw and seal it now you can remove the complete oil system tank and all. HEY also keep the bolt and washers you remove from the banjo fitting because it my help another member at some time that has lost theirs. It happens and I've already gave mine away. As for as a plate not that I know about but I suppose you could make one if you like. Just remove the pump and your good to go. Mix the fuel at 128:1 or 1oz per gallon

LOU
Hey Lou, thank you so much for your wealth of knowledge and customer friendliness...I really appreciate it! No worries, I gave-up group hugs for lent...

Peace,
Jim
Old 04-16-2013, 06:29 AM   #6
racin161
Gone Wild

Oh come on SHOW THE LOVE

LOU
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO