lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-30-2013, 10:43 AM   #1
scottlyons11
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 05 STALLS out, starts-5',stops, starts-5', stops, etc

My 2005 EZGO 4 stroke just decided to crap out...just out of the blue. It was running perfectly short of some minor backfiring. Level ground running.
took off and went maybe 100 yards and it sputtered out then would kick back on, go forward for 5' then die again, then go another 5', then die again. This was repeated over and over again. It sounded like there was water in the line or something, or that it was choking out or that it just was not getting fuel. I changed the fuel, fuel filter and thought well, maybe its the fuel pump, changed that but no help. I took the carb off and completely cleaned that by blowing carb cleaner into it, including the bowl and blew it out. Reinstalled but it still does it. Plugs are fine. Everything looks in order.
I
There are NO mechanics here where I live in San Pedro, Belize that are worth a rip. I'm on my own on this repair and am reaching out to you Pro's.
I have absolutly no idea and poured over the other threads for 5 hours but found nothing. I really need some serious help on this.
I'm common sense, mechanically inclined but this has me stumped and i don't want to go thru parts (like I did w/ the fuel pump) they are brutally expensive here.
ANY advice will be checked and appreciated!!
Thanks
1 hour has past...
Minutes ago I found a "sweet-spot" where I could hold the cart reving at 3/4+ full throttle while holding the choke out about 1/2 way. it does seem odd that it is doing this since the choke cable did not slip from its pervious position. I have not put it under a load, just does this in neutral so far. I dunno, just a note I wanted to add for more information about the potential problem.

Last edited by scottlyons11; 04-30-2013 at 11:55 AM.. Reason: I found out a little more information
scottlyons11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-30-2013, 10:36 PM   #2
ORTitan
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 05 STALLS out, starts-5',stops, starts-5', stops, etc

Scott,

1 hour has past...
Minutes ago I found a "sweet-spot" where I could hold the cart reving at 3/4+ full throttle while holding the choke out about 1/2 way. it does seem odd that it is doing this since the choke cable did not slip from its pervious position. I have not put it under a load, just does this in neutral so far. I dunno, just a note I wanted to add for more information about the potential problem.

Sounds like you may have a vacuum leak. Look for the usual suspects. Carb flange gasket and the plastic spacer to the head.

One thing I have found on these carbs is the small aluminum plug pressed into the carb right next to the idle mix screw. The black plastic cap on the screw partially obscures the plug I am talking about. They used a tan colored sealer on the plug from the factory and that stuff breaks down over time and causes a vacuum leak.

Happy hunting!

Last edited by ORTitan; 04-30-2013 at 10:38 PM.. Reason: to quote
ORTitan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cutting out, stalling
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO