lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-12-2013, 08:48 PM   #1
ezgojohny
Not Yet Wild

Default 4 stroke Blowing white smoke and spitting oil out of exhaust

2003 TXT - This weekend. Cart was running fine for a day and a half. Then got on it and it was really hesitant to fire. I held down the accelerator for about 10-15 seconds before it would fire. Got it back to the camper. Notice the Carb. overflow line was pouring out gas. Thought maybe the float was stuck open. So i knocked on it a little bit to try to get it unstuck. Then the gasoline leak stopped. However, the cart still won't run, hardly. Now, when it does fire it blows white smoke out of the exhaust and spits oil onto the ground out of the exhaust. I also noticed that the bottom hose running to my fuel pump is leaking gas at the fitting. The fuel pump is brand new. The fuel pump is not leaking, but where the line hooks up it is leaking a little kind of like it is clogged or full or something. I can get it running after about 15 seconds of holding down the accelerator, but it will only run for about 4 seconds, blowing smoke and oil the whole time. It will then die. And I will have to hold down the accelerator for another 15 or so seconds and it will repeat this running for 4 seconds with smoke and oil.

Has anyone experienced this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
ezgojohny is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-12-2013, 09:07 PM   #2
nobuckbuild
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 4 stroke Blowing white smoke and spitting oil out of exhaust

TOO MUCH GAS , PLEASE STOP RUNNING THE CART NOW !!!! you will destroy it if you keep going , what has happened here is your carb is overflowing with gas and filling up the crankcase with gas thinning the oil and causing oil to burn along with gas getting past the rings , the holding of the pedal for 15 seconds is just clearing the cylinder enough with air to get it to fire but you have a dangerous situation , first check the oil you'll see its overfull , second drain the oil and start will fresh , third disconnect the fuel line to the carb and put it in a cup and check your flow yeah you have a new fuel pump but i fear your getting pressure bleed just pushing to much fuel to the carb when its not running, that combined with a weak or unseated float and your just dumping gas and washing down all the lubricating properties of the oil down into the bottom of the engine destroying the top end and rings.
nobuckbuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 09:11 PM   #3
ezgojohny
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 4 stroke Blowing white smoke and spitting oil out of exhaust

Thanks for the prompt response Nobuckbuild. I haven't been running it once I realized this is what it was doing. Once I change the oil and check the flow of the fuel pump, what is next? Clean the carb? Thanks for your help.
ezgojohny is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO