lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-15-2013, 03:37 PM   #11
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: TXT Input Shaft Bearings- Noise on Deaccelaration

No special tools necessary. I replaced every bearing and seal.

Dana Axle:
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/attac...5-28148g01.pdf
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-15-2013, 08:01 PM   #12
redfro
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I sat the bearing on a vise and carefully hit the shaft. They came off like butter. I'll know about putting them on tomorrow.
redfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 03:53 AM   #13
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Unfortunately, buggies don't have hour-meters or odometers, so we have no real way of knowing how many miles the things have.

In your sig it looks like you have a 97. I have a 98, and decided bearings and seals are cheap, and the oil was probably original 98 oil. I had all the parts before I tore it apart, to minimize down-time. You'll need the freeze plugs to do everything. While you're at it, go ahead and tear open your motor and inspect the brushes, and replace its bearing. After all, it is 16 years old. You can clean out all the graphite dust, but I wouldn't use any solvents there. Don't want to compromise the insulation on the magnet wire.

Once I drained the oil, I left a rare earth magnet in it overnight, just to see what it could catch. In my case, there wasn't a lot of metal shavings and they were all VERY small. Once I got it back together, it ran a good bit quieter, but still was louder than a new one.

The motor bearing was the only one that took more than a few seconds to change. I used a heat gun. I can't remember if the motor is in the Manual (below) or the Dana Axle (previous post).

Owner's, Parts, and Service Manuals:
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...g-manuals.html
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:27 AM   #14
redfro
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I got a new motor spline bumper, just in case. I'm changing both of the input shaft bearings for sure. They look good but the inner had a little resistance every once in a while, like it has a bad spot. My motor got rebuilt by PQ a year ago, and I assume they changed the bearing in it. I'll get her together tonight and see if the noise is gone. Fingers crossed.
redfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 10:32 AM   #15
Guydent
Not Yet Wild

Did the bumper help with your decell issue?
Guydent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2023, 02:42 PM   #16
JRich864
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Interested to know the outcome as well. I just bought a 1999 TXT and have the same issue. Going to order a spline bumper for now as see if that's my issue.
JRich864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2023, 02:43 PM   #17
JRich864
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfro View Post
I kept searching and found the part numbers the sealed one is a 6005 and the inner one is 6203. Hope this helps someone down the road and stops this annoying noise.
Thanks for sharing!
Old 06-26-2023, 02:44 PM   #18
JRich864
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapjeep2 View Post
Bingo.. Just disconnect the battery pack, pull the motor, slide the bumper down in the coupler like I show in the red arrow, with the cupped part facing out towards the input shaft. Slide the motor back and on tighten down, as you tighten down the rubber squishes and takes up any slack. 9 out of 10 times this works, the 10 time would be the need for a new input shaft. But this is cheap and quick.

It will feel tight when you bolt back up due to the rubber taking up space, just work each bolt a little so it goes on nice and flush.
Thanks for sharing!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO