lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-16-2013, 06:39 PM   #1
70cambgblk
Not Yet Wild

Default 1983 Ezgo Marathon 36 volt

My son was attempting to work on our 1983 36 volt Ezgo Marathon, he was tightening one of the nuts on the panel that is behind the F/R selector switch and touched the wrench to another nut. By the time I got to the cart, (since I was under a car in the garage!), the wrench was cherry red and a few of the battery cables were smoking and one of the battery terminals was completely melted. I have replaced all the cables running to the batteries, motor, switch board and resistors. Everything else looks good, nothing seems to be burnt or melted that I can see. When I push the pedal, I'm not getting any response at the rear wheels, what should I check first, how do I check to see if the motor got fried, is that a possibility........help please!
70cambgblk is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-16-2013, 09:47 PM   #2
RussellGehrer
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1983 Ezgo Marathon 36 volt

Just an FYI but you posted in the ezgo gas forum not ezgo electric. I would check the solenoid though.
RussellGehrer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:15 PM   #3
70cambgblk
Not Yet Wild

Can you tell me how to check it please?
70cambgblk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:28 AM   #4
RussellGehrer
Not Yet Wild

Hopefully someone else will chime in I'm far from an expert on the electric carts, but you should be able to jump the 2 big lugs on the solenoid and see if it trys to take off. If it does then you probably have a bad solenoid.
RussellGehrer is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO