lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-02-2013, 11:15 AM   #11
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1986 EZGO three wheeler trouble

OK, first, jack up the cart so the rear wheels are off the ground for safety - then, while holding the pedal down so the engine turns over, have someone spray some WD40 into the fan at the front of the engine (a pretty healthy spray) ... Then, do the same thing at the rear of the engine where the crank exits (between the engine itself and the clutch) - if either spray results in the engine popping or trying to fire, then you have successfully determined that seal to be bad.
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-09-2013, 06:10 PM   #12
Magras
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Well she's running hard again I found that the jet inside the bottom bolt was plugged up tight . I cleared that and she fired right up . The only issue I see is she's now backfiring while coasting down hills. Any ideas on why
Magras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 07:35 PM   #13
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

yep - You're missing the spring on the throttle cable, almost guaranteed .... Pull the throttle cable stop off at the carb, then slide the spring from a "clicky-style" pen over the cable between the arm on the carb and where the stop was - now, slide the stop back on and give the spring a little compress, then tighten the stop and You should be good. What happens is that without the spring, the butterfly doesn't close completely when You let off the gas, so as You're coasting with the ignition not sparking the engine is loading up with unburned fuel. As soon as you hit the gas, BAM it ignites and pops
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 10:26 PM   #14
Magras
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

There is a spring where the throttle cable attaches to the carb not sure if that's what you are talking about . Do you have a photo

Thanks alot
Old 06-10-2013, 06:16 PM   #15
matulev1
Not Yet Wild

Hey saw your cart up at Blue Rocks this weekend!!! If it is still giving you trouble ask for Buddy and Jesse they have helped me out with my Jacobson T1000. Only problem is they only work for beer.
matulev1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:03 PM   #16
Magras
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I saw your green jacobson as well when I was talkin to buddy on Saturday. Did you get your cart all straightened out?
Old 06-10-2013, 10:07 PM   #17
Magras
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I will be back up on Saturday to mess around with it.I just picked up a pack of springs the the hardware store
Old 06-11-2013, 01:38 PM   #18
matulev1
Not Yet Wild

Yep I got it running again. It sounds like you will be in the same boat I am in, you replace one thing and the next thing goes. Buddy and Jesse know a lot about them and if they get stuck they know this guy they call "The Wiz". His real name is Leon and he works on a lot of the carts at the campsite. He is actually the one who built the Yerf Dog. The guy collects mini bikes and does lawn tractor pulling, his lawn tractors are pretty impressive. He helped me out refabricating plates for the Jacobsen and making the lift kit. Great guy. Maybe I'll see you up there this weekend.
matulev1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO