lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-25-2013, 10:05 AM   #11
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: 2011 EZGO whines and hesitates on start

Is the engine turning when it it is making this noise ?? I'm betting starter belt is loose and your hearing it slip. Try taking off the seat and lock the cart in neutral with the safety lockout. Now hit the pedal and see what is making the noise..
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-25-2013, 11:15 PM   #12
brent628
Not Yet Wild

Load test was successful. Took it to the local garage. They don't work on golf carts but were able to test it for me. Still baffled in Ohio. Took the golf cart out tonight again.. Did not consistently do it, but still there was a time it took at least 10 seconds to fire up. But when it runs, it runs great.
brent628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 05:06 AM   #13
nobuckbuild
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

i think the question is where in ohio are you. we have many Members in the ohio area that may be able to stop by and take a look. even I'm getting out that way for vacation in the next few weeks , is sure sounds like the starter generator belt slipping though. you say two tanks from new i would be inclined to think that belt has broken in and loosened up and if slipping is now glazed the mixture screw should have nothing to do with it and your probably just causing it to run lean or rich which is making it start faster or slower with the same belt problem
nobuckbuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 06:34 AM   #14
clubcarjeff
Gone Wild

Club Car

1. Please check belt deflection. Not sure the exact measurement, but if you can move the belt more than a 1/2" when you push on it, it's loose.
2. Only two tanks of fuel in a year with ethanol fuel may be the backfiring cause. Ethanol separates and absorbs moisture when it sits idle in a tank.
3. Everything you are describing about the "electrical whining" and no start condition screams belt issue to me. Make sure it's the correct belt too.
clubcarjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 05:38 PM   #15
brent628
Not Yet Wild

You guys nailed it! Starter belt. Thanks for all your help!
brent628 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
backfires, hesitate, whines
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO