lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-30-2013, 01:07 PM   #1
H.O.G.
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Lift kits: A-Arm vs. Long Travel

HELP! I am converting an '07 CC Precedent 48v to a hunting buggy and I am wondering what 6" suspension will be most appropriate for my needs. The land that I will be driving on varies from wooded, muddy lowlands to mild hill country in Texas. My passengers will include my wife and 2 small boys, but occasionally my hunting buddies. When my family is on board, ride comfort is my biggest concern--I don't want for us to be rattling down the road and not enjoying the quiet countryside. So, my question: is a 6" long travel suspension worth the extra $600 than an A-Arm costs? Is the long travel ride that much more comfortable to where my wife, children, buddies, or I will notice the difference? I should mention that this is my first cart, so I have no previous experience to compare to.
H.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-30-2013, 02:14 PM   #2
bokeasmowl
friends call me Boke

Yamaha

Default Re: Lift kits: A-Arm vs. Long Travel

A longvtravel is well worth the money. You'd be surprised by the ride quality between the two types.
bokeasmowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 10:54 PM   #3
beach cart
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Long travels are great. I have had mine 7 months now and it rides smooth compared to stock. Best upgrade I did.
beach cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 12:09 AM   #4
Great white north
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Up here in ontario only thing to have , by far best upgrade I did jakes long travel
Great white north is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 03:10 PM   #5
H.O.G.
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks! Ok, so next question: my understanding is that 1) the long travel and other suspension kits only address the front end and that 2) if I am going to put a heavy duty rear seat (the one that I have my eye on has a REAL fold down, diamond plate wall cargo bed) that I will need heavy duty rear springs, which will only serve to stiffen the ride in the back of the cart.

So, what good is having a cush front end with a stiff, unforgiving rear end? Is there a solution?
Old 12-31-2013, 04:23 PM   #6
bokeasmowl
friends call me Boke

Yamaha

It didn't bother me because I don't ride on the back of my own cart.

A leaf can be removed from the HD leaf pack though to soften the rear a bit and still support any passengers that may ride back there. It's just a trial and error type adjustment.
bokeasmowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 07:54 PM   #7
beach cart
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

My cart has the original springs but with the lift it rides GOLFCART soft with normal shocks. Not like a car. I did drive today a bad boy buggy extinct to day at a new dealer here in Jax. It rides superb BUT has struts at all 4 wheels. With the weight your going to add it will help the ride smooth with a long travel, but remember every pound you add with big tires will shorten your run time and add motor heat.
beach cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 12:08 PM   #8
H.O.G.
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

With that said, what is the ideal tire size? I was thinking that I would want to maximize the side wall height and footprint width to get the best comfort in the rear--maybe even put some slightly thinner tires on the front since the long haul will produce a good ride up there and fatter tires up front might increase my turning radius. Anyway, to get the conversation started, I am thinking 23x11-10 on the rear. Would this size give me the most side wall (as opposed to a 12" rim) and therefore the best ride?

Tags
hunting, lift, off-road, suspension
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car