lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-30-2014, 09:16 PM   #11
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ez go keeps going

GC knows what he's talking about. It's either a relay or a contactor. A "solenoid" is a misuse of the terminology, and I didn't mean to interfere with his troubleshooting.

Time to go to bed. I've had my 3 beverages.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-31-2014, 06:05 AM   #12
Newbie22
Not Yet Wild

There is definitely voltage going to them when I flip the fwd/rev switch either way, just have to find what is causing it now....
Newbie22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 06:28 AM   #13
Newbie22
Not Yet Wild

So I think it may just be the "gas pedal" not comming fully back, when I slightly depress it to make the "micro switch " click and then let go of it, it doesn't click back off untill I actually pull the pedal back, just have figure out how to get it to come back the extra few mm that it needs to....
Old 05-31-2014, 07:31 AM   #14
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

The pedal microswiths AND the ITS both have to be satisfied for it to go.

Oops, resistor cart. Both solenoid AND wiper should need to be satisfied, if wired correctly. If pedal doesn't return to Off position, could cause the problem.
Old 05-31-2014, 08:13 AM   #15
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

This is a resistor coil cart, so it has a speed wiper board. The contacts are burnt and badly pitted (typical) and this is causing the wiper arm to hang at the low end and not return to the neutral place. Remove the wiper arm and board and file the contacts flat or replace them

Solenoid is chattering due to voltage spike up & down. Could be caused by bad connection at these pitted contacts. So I would not worry about the contactor until you have fixed the GAS peddle problem.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 08:23 AM   #16
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

If the contacts aren't too bad, they may can be cleaned with a ScothBrite pad. But it has to work mechanically as well. Needs to go full throttle to stopped with only the springs (NO physical help). I have no experience with resistor carts, but an electrical switch is an electrical switch.
Old 05-31-2014, 08:30 AM   #17
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

FWIW,
DIY'ers often compromise from what a "real" tech like ScottyB would do. "We" often are willing to deal with an occasional problem, while a real tech wants to fix it for good.

There are things I compromise on, and others that I go over-kill on. Depends on what the potential calamity damage might be.
Old 05-31-2014, 08:41 AM   #18
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

According to the schematics, some resistor carts have a cable from the switched side of the solenoid's main contacts to the first coil. That will cause the cart to be in the lowest speed whenever the solenoid is activated, whether the wiper is on the blank or the #1 contact.

If the cart doesn't try to move when switch is off, or F/R is in neutral, the pedal switch is bad or maladjusted.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Resistor Accelerator Switch.jpg (167.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Resistor cart - Schematic.JPG (87.4 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 10:43 AM   #19
Newbie22
Not Yet Wild

Thanks all, we had just replaced the wiper board and I guess didnt tighten the nut on the linkage from the gas pedal and it wasn't comming back enough to come off the micro switch leaving it still depressed. Tightened the nut and it worked great. Thanks for all the quick responses, you guys really know your stuff on here.......
Old 06-02-2014, 04:56 PM   #20
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Glad to hear you found and fixed the problem.
Thanks for the feedback.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO