lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-13-2014, 06:37 PM   #1
Ralph289
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Cart Jacking Question

I noticed my 2010 RXV today left a small spot of oil about where the diff is on the floor in the garage. Never has before so I would like to jack up the rear with a floor jack to check where the leak is coming from. Where is the BEST place to jack up the back end and up jack stands under it ? I read on the rear bumper area but seems like it might not be strong enough. Is that the correct place ? Can anyone help ?
THANKS
Ralph289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-13-2014, 06:56 PM   #2
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Cart Jacking Question

Just like a car the best location to jack from is under the rear axle or from a solid frame member not a bumper...
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 07:01 PM   #3
Ralph289
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

OK don't want to jack it on the diff pan, I guess frame some where or one side of the diff at a time.
Old 08-13-2014, 07:48 PM   #4
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Do not jack it on the center differential pan, it is very thin. Attached are the jack points from the free owners manual online.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (66.5 KB, 0 views)
sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 10:11 PM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

The underside of the bagwell/bumper IS a recommended jack point.(look for the "waffle pattern" on the plastic structure). It is suggested to put a board on the jack saddle to distribute the weight, but it wont break if you dont use a board. Put jackstands under the axle tubes, or just in front of the spring mount boxes at the front of the leaf springs.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 07:33 AM   #6
Ralph289
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
The underside of the bagwell/bumper IS a recommended jack point.(look for the "waffle pattern" on the plastic structure). It is suggested to put a board on the jack saddle to distribute the weight, but it wont break if you dont use a board. Put jackstands under the axle tubes, or just in front of the spring mount boxes at the front of the leaf springs.
I thought I had read that before, THANKS for the help ! Hope I don't have to reseal the diff pan gasket as the model I have doesn't have a fill plug for the oil so may turn into a major project. Maybe the bolts are just a little loose.....(not my luck). Cart is 4 years old is it time to change the diff oil ??
Old 08-14-2014, 09:34 AM   #7
Ralph289
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Ok found the "leak". Looks like small amount of oil coming out of the diff Vent. Cleaned it up and freed up the vent and will see what happens, Vent seems to be ok. Wonder if this really hot summer weather here in Florida is causing this ?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO