lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-15-2014, 10:42 PM   #1
meadowlark
Not Yet Wild

Default 2003 G22e tie rod question

Hi all, first time posting. I just replaced the front struts on my G-MAX due to tires being splayed out. That fixed that problem but I'm still getting a bumpy ride so I checked my tie rods and found the driver side worn. I ordered some new ones but in the meantime I have a question regarding the extra hole (outer hole) in the "S" shaped bracket that the tie rod mounts to. What is this hole for?
Is it possible to use this hole for the tie rods instead and maybe get a smoother ride? (Not sure if the tie rods will even reach this hole as I haven't tried but thought it odd that an extra hole is there).
meadowlark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 10:51 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: 2003 G22e tie rod question

I believe it is there for the optional tow bar system used on golf courses to move multiple carts at once. I think it would only be needed on one side, but is present on both sides to simplify production on the bracket. I think you would encounter binding problems if you tried to put the tierod end in the outer hole.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 09:16 AM   #3
meadowlark
Not Yet Wild

Thanks! I never would have guessed that is its purpose. Out of curiosity I wonder if anyone will reply that has actually put the tie rods in the outer holes and what they experienced.
Old 01-22-2014, 10:52 AM   #4
meadowlark
Not Yet Wild

I received the tie rods mentioned in my previous message from an online supplier based on the description and P/N listed. Unfortunately, they didn't fit. The thread size was 3/8" and my cart takes ~1/2". I sent them back and ordered and received another set from a different online supplier. They too were the wrong size! Is my cart an abnormally or am I just unlucky?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha