lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 04:35 PM   #11
Robertbrenner1
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: GOLF CART BATTERY Fix Repair Refurbish

Danno,
OK thank you!

gandcrepaircenter@yahoo.com
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-22-2009, 06:32 PM   #12
Danno
Not Yet Wild

I sent it.........glad to help.

Dan
Old 02-22-2009, 06:35 PM   #13
dock98
doin it in the desert

Yamaha

i would like to see that too please dock98@gmail.com
Old 02-22-2009, 07:03 PM   #14
Danno
Not Yet Wild

Sent it
Old 02-22-2009, 07:12 PM   #15
sbycamper
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Danno, thanks for sending that information. There are some commercial products also available. One that a mechanic I knew is called
Charge-It Concentated Battery Solution, I found it at autobarn.com. Don't know if or how well it works, but have had good reports from mechanics and farmers using it in tractors & heavy equipment.
Old 02-22-2009, 07:26 PM   #16
Robertbrenner1
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Hey Danno,
Got your email, but the program won;t open for me.
Old 02-22-2009, 07:44 PM   #17
Danno
Not Yet Wild

It's just a Microsoft Word doc. I will cut and paste all the info in the body of an e-mail and sent it again.

Dan
Old 02-22-2009, 08:00 PM   #18
Robertbrenner1
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks Danno
That one works
thanks again
robert
Old 02-22-2009, 08:04 PM   #19
dock98
doin it in the desert

Yamaha

thanks 4 the info Dan.
Old 02-24-2009, 07:48 PM   #20
gaston
Gone Wild

I have tested 4 different products:

.One is based on salts no brand, a guy makes it and gave me a sample, make old batteries to life a little better but hasn't last longer. He said it will roke better on 2+ years old batteries extending their life and reducing watering. He also has a solution with this that he suggest to add instead of distilled water. Tried with other batteries, makes them better, same results, put also on a 3 year old 145's batteries, they return to their original performance and lasted for about 8 months with that, now they are getting weaker.

.Second one was another sample from another guy wanting to introduce the product, he kept sort of secrecy about it, he gave me the sample on "whitening pre-brush rinse" can. All I remember it was a green liquid solution, added around 2 ounces per cell, makes 4 years old battery back to life on 36v pack, they couldn't climb a really steep hill with big tires and alltrax controller, after the solution and full equalizing cycle, they deliver the enough power to climb the hill, lasted for about 2 months, then we put new batteries for that cart but probably the batteries had a little more life with that.

The third one I tried is a commercial option found at many on line retailers catalog, it is called Battery De-Sulfater and prays to "restore life to old batteries". They also have a second product which is called Battery De-Mister, haven't tried this one yet.
This one gave the same results as the second one.

Lastly I have tested also the pulse device Battery Life Saver, this seems to work also, have tested with couple of battery packs. The results were not well monitored but we increased run time on old battery packs.

Million Dollar ? is: Do they worth the money?
With the battery pricing rising to clouds, I would say yes but depends on many factors: age of batts, brand of batts, voltage, how batteries were cared before, did they come from a fleet? (those are severely abused).
Also a shorted battery could never be recovered with any of this products.
I would have a professional to test the pack load with a load tester and decide from there, to low I would keep my money and put it on new pack. Average of 20-30% I would try one of this solutions.
Closed Thread
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts