lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-15-2011, 09:40 PM   #1
ddrmr
Not Yet Wild

Default Drive Electric Warranty problem

Drive Electric is not standing behind their warranty. My charger broke after 7 months. Drive Electric's customer service is non-existent!
Due to their slow delivery process, the cart was sold twice before I got it. (The first two sales were done before the cart was built. In effect they were "places in line" awaiting delivery.) After I bought the cart, it was assembled and shipped directly to me from Drive Electric, so it was a brand new cart that the previous owners had not even seen!
Drive Electric is avoiding their warranty responsibility by stating the warranty is not transferrable....even though it was not assembled until a couple of weeks before I got it. The sweet thing for Drive is, according to their terms, they did not have to honor their warranty after the cart's "place in line" was sold the first time! When they delivered it to me, they washed their hands of the warranty.
ddrmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-15-2011, 09:44 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Drive Electric Warranty problem

WOW. Thank you for letting the world know what a sham the govt. backed in this failed program
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 10:13 PM   #3
0517murphy
Redneck in Southside

Club Car

WELCOME TO BGW
0517murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 10:29 PM   #4
roady89
nimda
Club Car

@Scottyb
LOL! HA! Just more reason the believe what we already knew.

ddrmr, sorry your having to deal with Drive Electric. It's not really anything new though. There have been many horror stories. Hopefully you won't receive a letter from the IRS saying you need to provide proof cart is actually qualified for the incentive or pay the full amount....like others have already experienced. I assuming you got a DE cause it was "free". You could always go to the MFG for warranty...of coarse I believe they are in China so. This is a help forum,, you never said what was wrong with your cart. Mind elaborating? Maybe someone can help.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 08:20 AM   #5
ddrmr
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by roady89 View Post
@Scottyb
LOL! HA! Just more reason the believe what we already knew.

ddrmr, sorry your having to deal with Drive Electric. It's not really anything new though. There have been many horror stories. Hopefully you won't receive a letter from the IRS saying you need to provide proof cart is actually qualified for the incentive or pay the full amount....like others have already experienced. I assuming you got a DE cause it was "free". You could always go to the MFG for warranty...of coarse I believe they are in China so. This is a help forum,, you never said what was wrong with your cart. Mind elaborating? Maybe someone can help.
The problem I have is the on-board El-Con charger quit working after 7 months. Since I was not the original purchaser, I did not get the Government electric car incentive. The first purchaser took that, then sold to cart to another man, who sold the car to me; HOWEVER, neither of those guys ever SAW the cart because it had not been built yet!
ddrmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 08:53 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Hopefully you bought the cart cheap enough that you can afford to replace the charger .... sounds to me like that is where this is headed? You said the charger quit 7 months ago. I hope you have not let the batteries go without a charge for this time. If so, you have done some degree of irreversible damage to them.
Would you like to post individual and pack voltages?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 09:49 AM   #7
custom carts
THE CUSTOM KID

E-Z-GO

hey ddr i might be able to help you with your charger and yes there warranty suck even if you are the frist owener you get the parts for free you have to pay for shipping then you have to pay for the labor out of pocket i use to do lot of warranty work for them until theystarted to stick there customers
custom carts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 09:55 AM   #8
roady89
nimda
Club Car

CC, what might he be able to check/fix on this charger? Please elaborate so everyone else will know.
Old 04-16-2011, 10:23 AM   #9
roady89
nimda
Club Car

If it doesn't say Elcon on the charger its a cheap clone.
Old 04-16-2011, 10:59 AM   #10
crash12888
Gone Crazy

CC, I'm kinda challanged so punctuation helps!
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery charger
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts