lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-07-2010, 09:27 PM   #1
battlema
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

Default 2007 Fairplay 6P zx4.0 motor issue

I have a 2007 Fairplay 6P zx4.0 in mint condition with what appears to be a motor issue. It started stuttering when I press down on the accelerator and need a push to get it going but seemed fine while in motion. I took off the cover to observe the motor and saw wisp of smoke when I got it moving so I stopped it before it got worse. I Believe water may have got into the motor. I am leaving it alone for a week or two in storage. Is this motor done or can it be repaired or just needs to dry out?

motor specs - DC motor
Model ZQ-3-4T-2
48 volts
Rating 60 minutes
Amb 40 deg celcius
Wound Shunt
Insulation class H
Max HP 4
battlema is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-24-2011, 02:43 PM   #2
battlema
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

Exclamation Re: 2007 Fairplay 6P zx4.0 motor issue

update:
I purchased 8 new batteries for a little over $800 and I go to move the cart and nothing happens....I got brave and pulled the motor off and a whole lot of crap came out. It appears one of the brushes was destroyed and some bits of glass came off the center coil, one of the leads was melted off, and the dust from the murdered brush was all over everything. I have a query into Plum quick for a motor match.
Old 05-26-2011, 06:32 PM   #3
battlema
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: 2007 Fairplay 6P zx4.0 motor issue

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/membe...et-its-end.jpg

is this motor dead or can it be fixed?

Tags
fairplay zx4.0
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay