lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-04-2008, 04:01 PM   #11
Monsterezgokid
Kid no more!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Am I using the right spark plug?

White plugs usualy mean that your running too lean...
hum... this is very interesting. i guess your still running with your 85:1 ratio? which is more then plenlty. the factory ratio for non oil injected engines i beleive is around the 120:1 110:1 area.. i dont have my service manuals on hand to check that out at the moment.
you run rich like 50:1 for a full tank on newly rebuilt engines.

But a 85:1 ratio isnt too rich of a ratio.. it should be fine.

Some even say that, yes, it could be a timing problem. Seeing that you never really had a problem before, clean out your carb really good. It could possibly be running too lean.

good luck, ive never really seen a problem like this before.
Monsterezgokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-04-2008, 06:47 PM   #12
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogger812 View Post
ok I just got in from trying a lower oct. 87 a diff. plug a BP5HS and still nothing. If I put a new plug in it will run fine I ran it for about 20 mins.
but as soon as you stop it will not start back up. So I put a new plug in start right up ran for about 15 mins then stoped will not start up. A new plug has a good spark, But the one you take out after running it is week. And has a white power on it. Can it be out of time?? When you let off the gas and stop something is fouling out the plug.

thanks frogger

I guess you didn't bother to read this post? Read it.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-e...html#post77332
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 08:11 PM   #13
ruredy
Born Wild

Yep I was thinking 5 was going colder and ezgo says it's what your engine calls for. My guess is you have another problem other than just the wrong plug, not sure what though. Running lean like Monsterezgokid said could be it, maybe it's your carb, they leak air the more wear they have or maybe intake gaskets have failed and are causing a lean condition. I don't think timing is going to effect the plug that much, more like the type of gas and oil your using. I think I would try a different coil/plug wire if that's possible (don't you have extra carts and parts) and make sure your ground to the engine is good. The only time I see plugs foul like clockwork is when the engine is running rich (gas foul) or uses oil (oil foul)
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 09:13 AM   #14
frogger812
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

what is Pre-ignition the guy at the napa were I got the plug said thats what my plug looks like with the white power on it.
frogger812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 12:11 PM   #15
ruredy
Born Wild

Pre-ignition is when the fuel/air mix ignites without the spark plug being fired. is the electrode on the plug melted or burned off when this happends?
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO