lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-26-2021, 08:45 PM   #1
SLAKfarmDad
Not Yet Wild

Default TXT 48V still runs with Solenoid disconnected???

New member, i have used these forums as reference for most of my previous problems, but i have not found this problem in other threads. Thanks for the members for putting so much info out there.

I thought my solenoid was going bad and have been troubleshooting, confirming that the reed switch is ok, charge port is ok, key is ok. Had the cart on jack stands. i took the battery (+) and controller side bid cables off the solenoid, left the small cables in place. the solenoid clicked when i pressed the pedal, but i was surprised when the wheels started turning. Any thoughts on what is happening?

2014 TXT with stock curtis controller. Pack voltage at 50.8V

I started troubleshooting because we are intermittently losing power. i started with the throttle plunger, but it tested good. i am starting to think that my controller is faulty, but am hoping to get some advice on how ot confirm that before i have to drop $500 on a new control. if i do upgrade i am leaning towards a navitas or alltrax control. i like the navitas in theory because i have a large hill to my barn and want the ability to adjust braking and speed when my kids use the cart.

Last edited by SLAKfarmDad; 09-26-2021 at 08:46 PM.. Reason: punctuation
SLAKfarmDad is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO