lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-03-2022, 09:37 PM   #1
gujuman
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Alltrax wiring help -- need pics - family anxious

I started an upgrade this winter (PQ motor, new batteries, solenoid/controller, 2GA wiring) and am almost done.

I need a little push/photos to get over the hump since the family is anxious to get back on the cart and start riding. I can't give up now -- it feels so close :)

I looked thru the install photo threat but couldn't find info. Thanks for putting up with the newbie ?'s.

1. + wire from battery to solenoid and - wire to battery terminal have smaller wires attached -- instructions say cut the larger wire and tape. is there a cleaner way than cutting the 6GA wire? Any special way to tape the ring terminal after cutting? (see photo)

2. Old one didn't have fuse at the - terminal. is there a good picture out there of these connections?

3. Not sure I understand the coils on new SW180 HD solenoid -- is there a pic to help?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3456.jpg (114.6 KB, 0 views)
gujuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-03-2022, 11:07 PM   #2
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Alltrax wiring help -- need pics - family anxious

I'm not sure that you should cut those two wires. They supply the main power to your cart. Take a picture of the instructions telling you to cut those wires. Maybe somebody can give you a different interpretation of the instructions. I'll attach a picture of the solenoid wiring.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg solenoid.jpg (106.4 KB, 0 views)
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 09:19 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Can we assume from your pictures you have a Precedent IQ?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 06:04 AM   #4
Hunter450
Gone Wild

Club Car

From the coloring of the small wires it does appear to be an IQ cart. You should have received a wiring schematic with your Alltrax controller that shows where the large cables and small wires connect to the solenoid and controller. What's the serial number on your cart?
Hunter450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 08:40 AM   #5
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Red is to B+ and black is to B-.
If you're using new larger cables then those two old cables can just be removed. The smaller wires coming off provide + and - for accessory power, which you can hook up any number of ways, and much more cleanly than having cut off cable ends with tape all over them.

Cut the smaller 10awg wires off, strip the ends, and crimp on a yellow crimp connector with a 5/16" eye on each one.
Connect Red to the Solenoid B+ side large post, and black to the B- post on the controller.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 06:59 AM   #6
gujuman
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Hi All, Ok, finally getting back around to this and think it looks good but wanted you all to take a quick look. I'm determined to finish before Memorial Day, so working hard and will check site often. Thanks in advance to everyone for input -- I hope these detailed photos will help others.

1. Cart SN is JE 1410...
2. Fairtax -- yep, I am replacing with 2AWG so it does look like the large wires need be cut based on the instructions (bought entire kit from scotty b)

Here's are a couple pictures of the SW180 solenoid, with color coded items. Please let me know thoughts..this is a great learning experience for me -- any questions/input appreciated.

1. side diode with gray line facing +
2. blue white - and light blue +

3. top solenoid to battery + and accessory + (will take suggestion to add crimp Any additional details for exact crimp or just yellow with 5/16?)
4. top solenoid to controller B+
5. top diode with gray line facing + -- wondering if this is correct orientation.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3832.jpg (155.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3830.jpg (126.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-25-2022, 07:21 AM   #7
gujuman
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Controller pics:
6. tow run switch
7. motor -- there was some note of reversal in the instructions provided by scotty b, so wanted to verify this is correct. Also replaced stock motor with PH Bandit

F1 Orange to J8. (?right)
F2 Blue to J7

8. motor A1 wire
9. B- to battery negative and accessory -- will crimp like previous.

10. 16 pin connector (4 pin not used/pictured)
11. B+ Yellow to solenoid (negative post), #4 above.
Motor A2 wire
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3835.jpg (124.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3834.jpg (130.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-25-2022, 07:57 AM   #8
gujuman
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Routing of wires... some questions here step 18, 19 &26

12. cut out needed to route the motor wire only, but looks like maybe more stuff should be here?

13. Cut out top of plastic so metal door will lay flat. there is a fan on top of controller which needs this

The wiring routing may be fully discretionary, but thought I'd include just to be sure I don't make an error...

Thanks everyone!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3838.jpg (160.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-25-2022, 08:19 AM   #9
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Make sure your heavy wire connections are not being held off the mounting points by the plastic dividers on the controller. They should lay between them.
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 08:43 AM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The diodes and the solenoid activation wires look to be correctly installed. I don't see any red flags.

The Alltrax installation kit is online here for review > https://alltraxinc.com/wp-content/up...torial-WEB.pdf
We offer this kit online for carts with and without the OBC.
We encourage anybody doing this installation to use the Alltrax install kit to simplify the installation.

Look at this guide now to ensure that you followed the steps correctly.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car