lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-04-2016, 10:16 AM   #21
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Work/Hunt Cart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helirich View Post
I forgive you, but can you tell me if it's contagious through the computer?

Anyhow, you don't have a chart like that showing 8 six volt batteries? Would the weight of two extra batteries make much difference?
I don't know about catching it through a computer, but I inherited insanity from my wife, kids, grandkids and great-grandkids.

The chart is comparing 48V packs, so there are eight of the 6V batteries listed and six of the 8V batteries listed.

As Scotty and VA point out, the weight gain from two additional batteries or the weight loss from going to Lithium, makes a significant difference both performance and range. Something on the order of adding or removing a passenger.

It looks like you could estimate the range increase of a 8 x 6V battery pack vs a 6 x 6V on by multiplying the the range at 36V by the increases storage capacity and then reduce that figure by the % increase in overall cart weight.

For example, you started with a TXT that weighed 1100 pounds with six T-105 batteries and a 180 pound driver (550 for cart + 372 for batteries and 178 for driver = 1100.) that had a range of 20 miles and you went to eight T-105 batteries.

The storage capacity would increase by about 33%, so the mathematical range would increase to 26.6 miles. However the cart's overall weight would increase by 124 pounds, which is a 11.3% increase, so the 26.6 miles is reduced by about that percent to give you an estimate of 23.6 miles.

That doesn't look right. I know the range increase I got when I went to seven 245AH batteries was closer to the mathematical gain. Maybe the mitigation of the weight gain ought to be applied only to the percent of range increase. That would make the estimated range gain about 25.5 miles. which sounds more reasonable to me.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-04-2016, 12:12 PM   #22
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
I don't know about catching it through a computer, but I inherited insanity from my wife, kids, grandkids and great-grandkids.
Johnnie.....that's my story too......and I'm sticking to it!!
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 05:24 PM   #23
Helirich
Gone Wild

Quote:
The chart is comparing 48V packs, so there are eight of the 6V batteries listed and six of the 8V batteries listed.
Totally didn't understand the chart, duh.

Quote:
For example, you started with a TXT that weighed 1100 pounds with six T-105 batteries and a 180 pound driver (550 for cart + 372 for batteries and 178 for driver = 1100.) that had a range of 20 miles and you went to eight T-105 batteries.

The storage capacity would increase by about 33%, so the mathematical range would increase to 26.6 miles. However the cart's overall weight would increase by 124 pounds, which is a 11.3% increase, so the 26.6 miles is reduced by about that percent to give you an estimate of 23.6 miles.
I don't know about my 36v pack, but the last figures are spot on for my 48v pack.

Quote:
That doesn't look right. I know the range increase I got when I went to seven 245AH batteries was closer to the mathematical gain. Maybe the mitigation of the weight gain ought to be applied only to the percent of range increase. That would make the estimated range gain about 25.5 miles. which sounds more reasonable to me.
Probably weight doesn't effect the range as much unless you got a lot of hills.

Eventually, I will go to 8 T-145's. I like the chart figures on that.
Helirich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 05:53 PM   #24
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helirich View Post
Probably weight doesn't effect the range as much unless you got a lot of hills.
Finding a level road in West Virginia is difficult, find one that is both straight and level is next to impossible.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 06:34 AM   #25
coldcan
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

ok just thinking out loud
coldcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 08:16 AM   #26
Helirich
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldcan View Post
ok just thinking out loud
Your not thinking loud enough.
Old 05-06-2016, 06:53 AM   #27
coldcan
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

coldcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 09:21 PM   #28
ENC_CART
Not Yet Wild

SO the question is, Is it really worth the time and money to get 8- 6V batteries or go with 6- 8v? I'd like to try and keep from adding batteries to the back. Or am I better to run 7- 6v for the 42v? What is best? Also what about my charger? It is a power wise fixed for a 36v. Can I convert it to charge the 48v?
ENC_CART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 06:04 AM   #29
Helirich
Gone Wild

Don't think you can convert the charger. If you don't want batteries on the back, 8 six volts are probably out. (Very difficult to fit a battery next to the controller) So your choice is 7 six volts or 6 eight volts.

The only down side to eight volt batteries is the odd voltage. You can't charge two of them in a pinch with a car charger. You can't jump start a car, tractor or lawn mower off the cart for the same reason. (Something I do quite often)

As long as your OK with that, then it's strictly a proformance issue. The 6 eight volts will go faster, the 7 six volts will probably go further. Since you must get a new charger, it would be wise to get one that handles both voltages.
Old 05-09-2016, 06:44 AM   #30
ENC_CART
Not Yet Wild

Not saying I won't ever have the need to jump something with the cart, but its not a hot topic for me. 6 or 7 is definitely the question. I'm really more concerned with the long range and not the voltage. The 7 may be the way for me. Still under the seat with added torque and long range. As I stated originally, I am needing this to be a work horse and not a race cart. 42v sounds like it will be easier to deal with in the long run.
ENC_CART is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO