lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-13-2017, 08:07 AM   #1
vartz04
Getting Wild

Default Just installed an alltrax in my G19 - now it has some issues - jerky/runaway

So i hooked this all up and I think it is hooked up correctly but not 100% certain.

first is A1 or A2 the motor positive? that might be my issue.

second - there is a black wire the same gauge as the field wires that goes under the cart to a approximately 3"x12" metal box and then goes back up into the cart somewhere. This was originally on with the battery negitive terminal if i remember right. can anyone confirm that that is correct?

Third - no click from solenoid when turning tow/run on/off

Forth - when i go key on and press the pedal it only goes in forward and it is very jerky and tries to "runaway" but never actually does.

Help Please.
vartz04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-13-2017, 08:48 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Just installed an alltrax in my G19 - now it has some issues - jerky/runaway

I replied to your email
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 03:31 PM   #3
vartz04
Getting Wild

Default Re: Just installed an alltrax in my G19 - now it has some issues - jerky/runaway

Fixed. Had the motor positive in the wrong spot. I was looking at the diagram that came with the mount not the diagram for the G19E. Runs great now 15 mph and set to only 300 amps as I haven’t upgraded my wiring yet. I have the Rpms limited to 3650.
Old 10-13-2017, 03:43 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Turn it up
Old 10-13-2017, 05:27 PM   #5
vartz04
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Turn it up

Haha don’t want to fry anything. Once I sell some stuff I’ll be ordering some wires and then it’s max power.

what’s the deal with the motor RPM though. Everyone is going 20mph but stock motor can’t make that happen.
Old 10-13-2017, 07:04 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The Yamaha Hitachi motor is probably the weakest of the big three. S0 eventually you want to replace that with a MOT-D2 or FSIP-B3.
I would set the stock rpms at 5000 to be safe. 6000 is the norm.
I hope this helps
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha