lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-14-2017, 01:54 PM   #1
Hooptmac
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default G22E not running.

I have not posted for a while, as my build got put on hold due to unforeseen circumstances! I have a lifted G22E.
i was using the cart and was driving down the road when it just quit, like batteries were dead. The only symptom before it quit was I was turning around and cart did not want to go, but flipped the forward/ reverse switch and the cart went.

The cart sat about 3 hours while we made a duck hunt, and then we got in it and were riding for about 15 minutes and it went dead.:thumb down:

I have tried charging and checked for loose wires or connections. The only fuse I find is good. My batteries are not in the best of shape, but my charger is showing a full charge, and I get 8.0-8.3 volts on each battery individually. i put in a new solenoid.

Could something be bad in the forward reverse switch to the key? It is almost like no voltage is getting to the motor.

Thanks for all suggestions.

Not sure what to check or how.
Hooptmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-14-2017, 04:04 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: G22E not running.

Clip a volt meter to the batteries and observe what the voltages drop to at full load while driving. And after driving about 15 minutes. The "I reset the tow/run and it ran again" leads me to a battery problem.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 04:31 PM   #3
Hooptmac
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

It acted like batteries, but it will not run to check after driving 15 minutes.

Could my new charger not be working?
Old 10-15-2017, 09:04 AM   #4
Hooptmac
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I see one of the wires on the tow/ run switch is only connected by a few wires. Could this be my problem? i am going to reconnect it after church and check to see. It is a small gauge wire so I am not sure how many strands need to be intact?

Regards.

HoopT
Old 10-15-2017, 11:37 PM   #5
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Not sure what you mean but the run tow switch should only have 2 wires going to it. Your charger might be bad, but to see if it’s putting out proper voltage you need to plug it in your cart and read your battery pack. If your batteries are dead though you may not have enough voltage to get the charger to turn on to check it.
yamahaguy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha