lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-19-2019, 08:32 PM   #1
hank1948
Not Yet Wild

Default 03 DS IQ not moving

Hello I'm new to this forum.

I have a 03 IQ that won't move. I pulled it out of being stored all winter, had disconnected all the batteries over the winter. I checked the batteries they were all at 3 VOLTS!

so I had to hook up my regular 12v charger to each battery and get them to 8 volts then I was able to connect my club car charger to them and get them to a full charge.

After get them to full charge I noticed the cart won't move. I only hear a click from the relay.

I checked all the connections all around the cart and found nothing.

Where do I need to start?
hank1948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-19-2019, 08:40 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: 03 DS IQ not moving

Are you hearing a click from behind the batteries at the solenoid or are you hearing a click under the floor at the MCOR?
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 05:53 AM   #3
hank1948
Not Yet Wild

The click is from the solenoid. There is battery voltage on both sides of solenoid
Old 05-20-2019, 06:54 AM   #4
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

The click tells you that you are meeting all the permissives for activation, but what is the exact voltage on both sides of the large posts? If you meter just the large posts, it should be .5-1.5 volts and then when you depress the pedal with the key On, in Fwd, and it clicks, you should see 0 volts. If you do not, the solenoid is stuck internally.

If it does drop to 0 volts, you may have an MCOR issue or controller and we will have to test further.,...
Old 05-20-2019, 09:28 AM   #5
hank1948
Not Yet Wild

When I measure the large post on the solenoid they both measure 50 volts.
So the solenoid is junk?
Old 05-20-2019, 03:48 PM   #6
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Can you see the resistor running between the large posts?

Measure with the Black probe connected to the Main Pack Negative and the Red probe to the battery side of the solenoid. Then measure again with the Red probe on the Controller (other) side of the solenoid.
Old 05-20-2019, 07:41 PM   #7
hank1948
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
Can you see the resistor running between the large posts?

Measure with the Black probe connected to the Main Pack Negative and the Red probe to the battery side of the solenoid. Then measure again with the Red probe on the Controller (other) side of the solenoid.
The resistor is good has 240 ohms
battery side of sole has 49 volts and controller side has 51 volts

But I was listening again where the click is coming from...It's coming from that black box under the floor . What does that do?
Old 05-20-2019, 09:03 PM   #8
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by hank1948 View Post
The resistor is good has 240 ohms
battery side of sole has 49 volts and controller side has 51 volts

But I was listening again where the click is coming from...It's coming from that black box under the floor . What does that do?
That would be the Micro-switch in the MCOR. That is normal and should occur.

(Cart jacked up, key on, rocker switch in Fwd, and pedal depressed)
At the solenoid small posts do the following:
1- Take your DVM and place the red lead on the solid blue wire and the black lead on the main pack negative. You should get 48vdc or pack voltage (If not, we lost the Pos Input)
2- Next, take your DVM and place the black lead on the blue/white stripe wire and the red lead on the main pack positive. You should get 48vdc or pack voltage (If not, we lost the Neg input) If you are getting those then solenoid should be closing. If it is not, tap on the side of it gently and see if it actuates, if it does not, then you will have to replace it.
Old 05-22-2019, 04:05 AM   #9
hank1948
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
That would be the Micro-switch in the MCOR. That is normal and should occur.

(Cart jacked up, key on, rocker switch in Fwd, and pedal depressed)
At the solenoid small posts do the following:
1- Take your DVM and place the red lead on the solid blue wire and the black lead on the main pack negative. You should get 48vdc or pack voltage (If not, we lost the Pos Input)
2- Next, take your DVM and place the black lead on the blue/white stripe wire and the red lead on the main pack positive. You should get 48vdc or pack voltage (If not, we lost the Neg input) If you are getting those then solenoid should be closing. If it is not, tap on the side of it gently and see if it actuates, if it does not, then you will have to replace it.

NoleFan, Thank you for your replies!

I was hoping I could have enough time to fix this to take it with us for this Memorial weekend camping trip, but I have too much to do to get our camper ready for the first trip of the year!

So I'll hopefully get to it next week and get back to you on what I find in my DVM readings

Thanks again for your help!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car