lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-08-2019, 03:11 PM   #1
Neill7082
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Powerwise Receptacle swap for 48V TXT Delta-Q Receptacle

I recently upgraded from 36V to 48V. I have a 2004 EZGO PDS. F/R switch is on the dash. I am adding the Delta-Q Receptical to my cart. I want to ensure that I have everything correct before I start charging.

There are four wires that come out of the new receptacle. A red + and Black-. The question I have is what are the two other wires for? I attached a photo showing the two wires. I seem not to be able to actually find a solid instruction on how to do the Powerwise Plug swap to the Delta-Q Receptacle.

Also, the red wire that was on my Powerwise Charger was throwing 100% throttle codes until I connected it to the Positive post on my batteries. Is that correct location for the wire?

Any pictures or help would be appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Delta-Q Receptacle_LI.jpg (95.7 KB, 0 views)
Neill7082 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-08-2019, 06:13 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Powerwise Receptacle swap for 48V TXT Delta-Q Receptacle

The "little box" is a temp sensor, usually it's on the main positive terminal, but it can actually go anywhere.

The "blue wire" can be used as a replacement for the typical red "reed switch" wire found on stock txt charge ports.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 06:24 PM   #3
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

Be warned: The QE is garbage. It WILL fail, it's just a question of WHEN. 1-3 years at best.

You're better off getting a DPI or anything better than the QE to use that new receptacle with--won't need to worry about the temp sensor, either. Those break off all the time.
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 06:35 PM   #4
Neill7082
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickdalzell1 View Post
Be warned: The QE is garbage. It WILL fail, it's just a question of WHEN. 1-3 years at best.

You're better off getting a DPI or anything better than the QE to use that new receptacle with--won't need to worry about the temp sensor, either. Those break off all the time.

When you say QE are you talking about the receptacle?
What is a DPI?

Sorry I don’t know all the Acronyms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-08-2019, 06:49 PM   #5
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

Charger. A 48V TXT using that receptacle is intended to be used with one of those disposable PowerWise QE 'finned' chargers with a flashing LED light in place of an Ammeter.

the DPI is all American made and can even maintain batteries through winter. It is a highly recommended charger on these forums.

PowerWise QE is the name of the more later 48V and some 36V chargers used in TXT 48 and RXV cars. They got 'upgraded' in case design and are called Delta Q SC-48 but are the same internally. They're failure prone and disposable. garbage from China. The ones they replaced were just called names such as PowerWise and PowerWise II but at least those were replaceable and dependable. EZGO and many other OEMs lately have started to really cheapen production and it's frustrating.

nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 07:38 PM   #6
Neill7082
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Ok gotcha! Thanks for the feed back. I’ll look into it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-07-2020, 09:04 AM   #7
Zincode
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickdalzell1 View Post

The DPI is a great charger. Other dependable chargers include the Lester Summit II (has a cool Bluetooth app) and Delta-q Technologies QuiQ charger (has multiple charging algorithms {although challenging to program}) Just other options.
I also agree the old 36volt PowerWise was the best charger. Simple, rebuildable, easy to service, parts readily available. Although it was a very heavy piece of equipment.

Tip: use the QE until it fails, and it will fail. Cut the loss and do not contemplate repair as it is a disposable product. Invest the money and time into a quality charger.
Zincode is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO