lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-02-2020, 11:35 PM   #1
Magaliasram
Not Yet Wild

Taylor-Dunn

Default FnR switch / cart moves opposite direction

I had this 1986 txt resistor cart given to me with totally dead batteries and all batteries disconnected. After getting the batteries wired into a 36 volt pack according to the wiring diagram I find the cart only moves with the pedal to the floor. The interesting thing is that if you select F on the FnR switch the cart moves in reverse and at full throttle. The same applies for a selection of the opposite direction. Nothing appears to have been monkied with in the wiring or switches. Sitting on the cart seat I am using the battery right hand pack for the negative post and the battery left hand pack for the positive post. When reverse is selected the S1 terminal has 37.8 volts applied when forward is selected th A2 terminal has 37.8 volts applied tested at the FnR switch. Not sure where the wires are crossed up at nothing looks to have been removed from the FnR or the controller. Would it most likely be the controller or the resistor pack at fault for the only running at full power? Soeery for all the questions but felt like they are all part of the big problem.

Last edited by Magaliasram; 01-02-2020 at 11:40 PM.. Reason: Misspelled words
Magaliasram is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-04-2020, 03:50 PM   #2
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: FnR switch / cart moves opposite direction

If you add a picture you may get better responses. The wiring is going to be where the issue is (most likely) but without seeing what was done it's hard to offer even a guess. If it is a resistor cart then the resistors don't care which way the current flows... Could it be the pack + and pack - were switched? Seems far fetched but it's a thought.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 04:37 PM   #3
Magaliasram
Not Yet Wild

Taylor-Dunn

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronsonj View Post
If you add a picture you may get better responses. The wiring is going to be where the issue is (most likely) but without seeing what was done it's hard to offer even a guess. If it is a resistor cart then the resistors don't care which way the current flows... Could it be the pack + and pack - were switched? Seems far fetched but it's a thought.
Not to sure how to post pictures.
Old 01-04-2020, 05:02 PM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Use the paper clip to attach the pictures (or other type files) to your post.

Click on the thumbnail image below to enlarge it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Attach.jpg (72.1 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 05:21 PM   #5
Magaliasram
Not Yet Wild

Taylor-Dunn

49086AB0-2D0D-4226-B9FF-E8859D03739A.jpg

B4640446-4280-4D04-871D-3C1E1ECAAD7C.jpg

32C3F73A-65D8-490F-9751-85F689491EF0.jpg

A6A0F093-CB8C-4D8C-B147-2E5D2B391DB1.jpg

08F5B3D5-DD6C-44A6-9150-B42805BC8440.jpg

Got it I believe. Pictures not the cart fixed it’s still messed up.
Old 01-04-2020, 06:42 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Basically on the CC rotary F&R there are 2 cables going to swivel terminals on the center hub. These terminals can be identified by their smaller bolts and the grab the cable and you will see the terminal swivels to allow switch rotation without binding. Once you locate these 2 cables - swap them. The carts direction will swap as well
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 07:29 PM   #7
Magaliasram
Not Yet Wild

Taylor-Dunn

So I want to thank you for the help on the direction. Now for the other part of my problem if you have any thoughts. What would cause the cart to only move under full pedal depression?
Old 01-05-2020, 11:47 AM   #8
Magaliasram
Not Yet Wild

Taylor-Dunn

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Basically on the CC rotary F&R there are 2 cables going to swivel terminals on the center hub. These terminals can be identified by their smaller bolts and the grab the cable and you will see the terminal swivels to allow switch rotation without binding. Once you locate these 2 cables - swap them. The carts direction will swap as well
I can’t find those two terminals all cables are tight with no swivel can you explain what the CC is. I know where the FnR is and the part that the go pedal linkage is hooked to and the motor all wires are tight except for the one from the solenoid to the part the go pedal is connected to.
Old 01-05-2020, 12:52 PM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magaliasram View Post
I can’t find those two terminals all cables are tight with no swivel can you explain what the CC is. I know where the FnR is and the part that the go pedal linkage is hooked to and the motor all wires are tight except for the one from the solenoid to the part the go pedal is connected to.
My Bad - I thought we were talking about a Club Car (CC). On the ezgo there are 4 cables connected to the back side of the FnR. Swap the 2 cables at the 9 and 3 o'clock position or swap the cables at motor S1 and S2 to reverse direction.
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 01:29 AM   #10
Magaliasram
Not Yet Wild

Taylor-Dunn

Thanks for clarifying that. I will swap the wires tomorrow.

Tags
fnr, full power, no power, seris motor, txt resistor wiring
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO