lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-05-2020, 09:14 PM   #1
Phil_Billy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2014 RXV labeled as an LSV controller set to profile 1

a friend came by with a 2014 RXV that is labeled as an LSV with company branding(not Ezgo) and manufacture date of 2017. It has a vin # and other DOT labels. Has a DOT rated wind shield, turn signals, brake lights.. you get the idea.

Well I was curious if there were some programs changes on the controller for an LSV. I checked, its has the Curtis 1206-5201 controller set to profile 1 Airport mode. The speed to RPM is 1151.4 and Freedom mode is disabled. the cart seems to take off extremely slow and I am not sure the top speed, but it felt like it was 12-14 mph. for the short distance I drove it.

I know that Airport mode is 6 mph. and that speed to mph is usually around 331. I am not sure of the other parameters. I am pretty sure this will eventually cause damage.

Any thoughts or idea's are welcomed. Thanks - Phil
Phil_Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-06-2020, 08:44 AM   #2
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2014 RXV labeled as an LSV controller set to profile 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil_Billy View Post
a friend came by with a 2014 RXV that is labeled as an LSV with company branding(not Ezgo) and manufacture date of 2017. It has a vin # and other DOT labels. Has a DOT rated wind shield, turn signals, brake lights.. you get the idea.

Well I was curious if there were some programs changes on the controller for an LSV. I checked, its has the Curtis 1206-5201 controller set to profile 1 Airport mode. The speed to RPM is 1151.4 and Freedom mode is disabled. the cart seems to take off extremely slow and I am not sure the top speed, but it felt like it was 12-14 mph. for the short distance I drove it.

I know that Airport mode is 6 mph. and that speed to mph is usually around 331. I am not sure of the other parameters. I am pretty sure this will eventually cause damage.

Any thoughts or idea's are welcomed. Thanks - Phil
1151.4? OMG, what in the world are they trying to do? Blow out the controller? Jeesh! I'm suprised that it even moves. That would calibrate the controller for about 6" tall tires and pretty much throw the motor maps out the window. There is no configuration that would allow that to operate normally with that setting. They probably had a really low level handset and were trying to use it as a guinea pig. They should have never issued a VIN as an LSV without doing it the LEGAL way. Physical brakes are required, as well as proper speed control that delivers a minimum of 21 MPH and not to exceed 25 MPH. A MSV must meet a minimum of 26 MPH and not exceed 35 MPH. I know these things because I was a state registered electric vehicle manufacturer.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 09:49 AM   #3
Phil_Billy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2014 RXV labeled as an LSV controller set to profile 1

Bob, thanks for response. I know this is not the correct settings. I didn't want to just start changing things as my parameter notes were at the shop I work at. I suspect your right about dealer level handheld. I will contact my friend and suggest I put the cart back to defaults and unlock freedom mode.

One another note, I wanted to thank you for posting the dongle pin out and parts list for the RXV dongle. I have made 4 for the price of 1 from Ezgo. Thanks.. Phil.

Sent from my SM-S367VL using Tapatalk
Phil_Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO