lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-02-2020, 01:21 PM   #1
Geysir
Not Yet Wild

Question I am having brake problems on a 2012 RXV

Hello - I installed a new motor brake on an RXV (2012), and I followed the directions that I've seen posted here. The old brake was stuck in the on/brake position. After the installation, when I tried to take it on a drive, the cart made a big movement, then I heard an intermittent beep. I turned it off, and now the brake is stuck in the off position. I can move the cart while it is in run mode and engaged. When I turn the cart on, I do get that normal "lurch."

What do you think the problem is?

I found the issue. Being an idiot, I didn't pay attention and ensure it was set correctly. I am 100% an idiot and deserve to lose that money. I broke this new brake.
Geysir is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-02-2020, 01:42 PM   #2
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: I am having brake problems on a 2012 RXV

Check your Run/Tow which to make sure you have it in the Run position.
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 02:11 PM   #3
Geysir
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by usgicollector View Post
Check your Run/Tow which to make sure you have it in the Run position.
I found the issue. Being an idiot, I didn't pay attention and ensure it was set correctly. I am 100% an idiot and deserve to lose that money. I broke this new brake.
Old 06-02-2020, 02:25 PM   #4
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Well we all learn from are mistakes. I've did things myself you just have to move on.
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 02:29 PM   #5
Geysir
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by rib33024 View Post
Hi can you tell me why you have two threads about this problem. With two different user names. Thank you RIB BGW Mod
I forgot what my original account was called, and the email I used must have been wrong because I never received emails of the replies. I figured out that name and have been using it since. However, I apparently was still signed in under this name when I made this post. It has been a rough few weeks; please forgive me.

Also, this is my first post on the issue. My other issue was the opposite; it wouldn't disengage.
Old 06-03-2020, 05:48 AM   #6
Geysir
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by rib33024 View Post
got ya. Your only allowed one user name here at BGW.
I understand. Sadly, about 10 years ago, I made this mistake on a professional website and got kicked. I'll be using the original one. Can you delete this account?

Again, I apologize for this issue.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO