lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-04-2020, 11:11 PM   #1
20ezgorxv10
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default New Trojan 875's @ <1v, can they be saved in any capacity?

A cart has been brought to me (no its not mine, I promise) with Trojan t875's picked up last May. Somehow this guy has drained them to a range of 3v to 1v a piece (checked with 2 diff mm). I was told it hasn't been plugged in since Sept. I have been able to get 3 of them to come back up using an 8v battery maintainer charger, but 3 just won't hook up. My thought here is to connect one of the ones that came back to one of the dead ones in parallel and put the charger on the dead one after letting them sit for a bit. Is this just dumb thinking? I don't know nearly as much as the forum here so figured best to ask before blowing stuff up
20ezgorxv10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-05-2020, 12:12 AM   #2
20ezgorxv10
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: New Trojan 875's @ <1v, can they be saved in any capacity?

Or should I just send him back to where he bought them from and wash my hands of it?
Old 06-05-2020, 12:36 AM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Well, you can totally try what your suggesting, they are toast. They "might" come up enough to drive the cart, but they wont ever have any good usable capacity. Heres another thing to think of, they are little time bombs waiting to blow. This pic isnt mine (I found it to demonstrate). I have had abused batteries blow up under my a**, all 6 of them once (those were linked by a "auto filling system"), that was like a shotgun blast, shook the windows. (The pics of those batteries are on here somewhere, but I grabbed that pic because it was faster to find). Sure, try it, but know you are never gonna a make them "good again".
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN1415.jpg (186.4 KB, 0 views)
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 03:10 AM   #4
20ezgorxv10
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Well, you can totally try what your suggesting, they are toast. They "might" come up enough to drive the cart, but they wont ever have any good usable capacity. Heres another thing to think of, they are little time bombs waiting to blow. This pic isnt mine (I found it to demonstrate). I have had abused batteries blow up under my a**, all 6 of them once (those were linked by a "auto filling system"), that was like a shotgun blast, shook the windows. (The pics of those batteries are on here somewhere, but I grabbed that pic because it was faster to find). Sure, try it, but know you are never gonna a make them "good again".
Sounds good, I will send him to the store and tell him to take better care of his sh!*
Old 06-05-2020, 08:28 AM   #5
Chevota Guy
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
WOW that battery pic totally got my attention.
Chevota Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO