lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-16-2020, 06:40 AM   #1
Maharvey
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default New controller and solenoid

Hey I really like the packages Scottyb has on the carts unlimited site wanting to order the 400/400 combo = 36/48v operation does anyone know if he ships to Canada. Also would I be ok running 4 gauge cables with this setup.
Thanks
Maharvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-16-2020, 10:52 AM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: New controller and solenoid

Ask him via PM or email.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 05:03 PM   #3
Maharvey
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

So he doesn't ship to Canada but I did find another supplier of a Alltrax 400 amp controller should be here Monday gonna run 36 volt for now still need to get a 48 volt HD solenoid, gonna make all my 4 gauge cables when the controller arrives. Will there be much speed or torque difference with 48 volts compared too 36?
Old 06-19-2020, 05:59 PM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maharvey View Post
So he doesn't ship to Canada but I did find another supplier of a Alltrax 400 amp controller should be here Monday gonna run 36 volt for now still need to get a 48 volt HD solenoid, gonna make all my 4 gauge cables when the controller arrives. Will there be much speed or torque difference with 48 volts compared too 36?
Going from a stock PDS controller to an XCT will up the top speed to about 24MPH and going from 36V to 48V will up that new top speed and the torque by 33%.

That will over-rev the motor so you'll have to turn the speed limiting in the XCT down to 6000RPM, or maybe 6500RPM, which is either 25.8MPH or 28.0MPH on stock height (18") tires.
Old 06-19-2020, 08:02 PM   #5
Maharvey
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Is it possible to use a normal toggle switch to use the user input on the alltrax controller to switch between user one and two or do you have too buy the speed knob or key switches from alltrax
Old 06-19-2020, 08:06 PM   #6
Maharvey
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Alright will the speed limiting on the controller work without a speed sensor? I don't need much speed the speed limit at campground is 10kph but it is quite hilly
Old 06-20-2020, 11:30 AM   #7
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Is it possible to use a normal toggle switch to use the user input on the alltrax controller to switch between user one and two or do you have too buy the speed knob or key switches from alltrax
See attached
Attached Images
File Type: jpg XCT Personality switch cable.jpg (227.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-20-2020, 11:39 AM   #8
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Alright will the speed limiting on the controller work without a speed sensor? I don't need much speed the speed limit at campground is 10kph but it is quite hilly
No. For some reason I assumed you had a PDS cart, but in reviewing this thread, you did not identify your cart. In fact, I cannot tell if it is a series drive or a sepex drive (DCS or PDS).

What drive system does you cart have, Series, DCS or PDS????????????

With a series drive you need a SR controller and there will be no speed gain unless you up the battery pack voltage.

With a DCS you need a XCT controller and you'll get a speed gain, but no speed limiting because there is no speed sensor.

I've already explain what a XCT controller will do for a PDS cart.
Old 06-22-2020, 07:57 AM   #9
Maharvey
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Sorry I didn't specify it's a series cart I got a SR controller on the way. Thanks I figured it was possible to wire a personality switch.
Old 06-22-2020, 09:29 AM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Yes it is. You will see how in the operator manual diagram. All that is needed is a switched (+) wire and a laptop to create a second operation mode in the SR control. It is a great seldom used feature. Could be used with a keyed switch for young-ones or as a security lockout.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
canada, carts, controller, shipping, unlimited
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO