lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-20-2020, 11:01 PM   #11
Racerjoe56
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Sudden loss of power and where does this wire go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Yep, mixing new & old batteries is flushing battery $ down the toilet.
Yep... I think I am figuring that out... when I put batteries in it a couple of years ago I was able to do that and bought 6 new ones... earlier this year when those 3 went out honestly I just didn’t have enough money to buy all 6... (last year I went on disability and my wife was laid off.. income is about 1/5 of what it was.... just flat out didn’t have it)... we just need it to get around as I can’t walk up the hill anymore and it seemed to work and ran great until we left it for a long time without charging them.... I’m also learning that no matter what I need to carve out time to get to the lake and charge them at least once a month without fail !

Live and learn (I’m learning now... haha)

Thanks for your thoughts and input... they are appreciated. Please take a look at the numbers I posted on battery tests and tell me what you think... thank you
Racerjoe56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-21-2020, 03:23 PM   #12
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Those battery numbers don't seem that bad to me. Someone else with more expertise may disagree. I would charge them for 12-15 hours, let rest for 24 hours, then charge again for 12 hours and see if that helps them. Did you clean all the cables/connections and look hard and the cables themselves see any corrosion underneath the plastic)? After you run it a while, does anything feel hot? That may point you in the right direction.
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 03:35 PM   #13
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

I recently had a problem with my txt cutting out sporatically. It would do fine, then it would just stop, no power...I would move the F/R switch back, rock the cart back and forth, then it would regain power. I check/cleaned all my battery connections,
Then followed everything back to the controller, checking/cleaning and found a nut that was just a little loose. I mean that it was on, but when I tightened it, it went maybe an 1/8 to 1/4 turn. Not at all what I would call loose, but I haven't had the problem again.
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 05:17 PM   #14
Racerjoe56
Not Yet Wild

Was across the street from batteries + today so I bought 3 batteries to replace my 2017 and 2018 batteries... now I have 5 batteries with manufacture date of 3/20 and 1 battery with manufacture date of 5/20... all have been replace either today or in April of this year.... put them in and put charger on them - it didn’t charge very long but I did see the batteries were bubbling.... cart still doesn’t pull ... no change.

Did not clean the connections today

But now I know it is not the batteries and I have replaced all the batteries so I have a pretty good battery pack of all similar aged batteries.
Racerjoe56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO