lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-13-2020, 12:02 AM   #1
Shandog777
Not Yet Wild

Default Need help with acceleration

I am helping with an ezgo and I need some help. I am very new to working on ezgo carts and this one has me stumped. First, Can someone please tell me how I can determine exactly what model cart this is and how I can determine what service and parts manuals to get? I don’t want to get the wrong one.

(I attached a picture of the cart information)

My problem with the cart is this:

They called me and said they went on a long ride one day and Everything was normal but when the returned to their neighborhood the cart slowed slowed to a crawl (as he put it). The next day was the same. It was very normal but just dropped to a crawl again. A few times he went out and it wouldn’t respond at all and then it would finally work.

I looked at it for about 2 hours. Rode is many times and it never acted funny at all. In fact it has great speed and acceleration. The batteries all tested fine although I didn’t take them out and test the one by one they totaled 36v every time. The solenoid seemed good. The controller seemed good.

Tonight they said they backed it out of the drive way and put it in drive and wouldn’t respond. The backed it up some more and this time it went slow backwards but it still wouldn’t go.

What do I need to try?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6D46417B-91B2-48B7-A3D1-7F8DC9F91B6C.jpg (129.1 KB, 0 views)
Shandog777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-13-2020, 05:42 AM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Need help with acceleration

FIRST THING.....you said the pack totaled 36v.....in a 36v cart, that's DEAD and should be on the charger. a fully charged 36v pack should be reading 38.2v after sitting for 12hrs AFTER a full charge (without having used the cart). SO if that is if fact the readings you are getting....it could very well be your problem. they are not keeping the cart charged up, or the pack is just old/tired and ready for replacement.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 06:55 AM   #3
Shandog777
Not Yet Wild

I tested the batteries several days ago and it was running fine for me but wasn’t for them. I will go back and look closer at the batteries. They are only about 6 months old though.
Old 07-13-2020, 07:11 AM   #4
Shandog777
Not Yet Wild

Can someone tell me how to read the sticker and what is the exact model And year of this cart?
Old 07-13-2020, 08:42 AM   #5
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shandog777 View Post
I tested the batteries several days ago and it was running fine for me but wasn’t for them. I will go back and look closer at the batteries. They are only about 6 months old though.
in reality....it really depends on how well taken care of they are. if not properly broke in when new, or properly maintained....the life of the batteries can be drastically reduced.

PROPER BREAK-IN/MAINTENANCE OF LEAD-ACID GOLF CART BATTERIES
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 08:52 AM   #6
Shandog777
Not Yet Wild

Is it best that I disconnect and test each one? I didn’t do that before but I am seeing throughout here that is the best way to do it.
Old 07-14-2020, 01:16 AM   #7
Shandog777
Not Yet Wild

Update... I had to go out of town overnight and my customer text me not long ago and said that now the cart is working fine. All the did is roll it in the garage and plug it in. When I get back I will check the batteries. Any thoughts on this?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO