lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-13-2020, 03:30 PM   #11
mfinnegan
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Wires Touched, No Longer Runs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gjschisler View Post
I run a jumper wire from the bottom small post on my solenoid to the positive of my main battery, it will work. What can that tell me about what is happening here?
I had an experience with this. The microswitch that is on my go pedal to activate the solenoid was (i thought) burnt. i took it out and cleaned it while i had a new one on order. ended up getting it to work after that and now have a back up. I ran it on the jumper for a couple weeks until i figured it out LOL.

**this was just my case, not saying it is yours.**
mfinnegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-13-2020, 04:42 PM   #12
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
So I have continued to play with the wiring and i have figured out that if I run a jumper wire from the bottom small post on my solenoid to the positive of my main battery, it will work. What can that tell me about what is happening here?
The controller controls the solenoid and getting it to activate is a two step process.

First you need to get B+ on the small terminal with the yellow wire on it. Voltage starts at the reed switch then goes through the controller and various switches. See attached drawing.

Then B- is applied to the small terminal with the blue wire on it when the pedal switch is closed, telling the controller to activate the solenoid.

By jumping B+ to the solenoid terminal with the yellow wire on it, you've bypassed the Reed switch, Run/Tow switch, F/R switch, Key switch, several PCB runs through the controller and about 8 sets of plug/jack pins.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Voltage paths through PDS controller.jpg (138.9 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 08:18 AM   #13
Gjschisler
Not Yet Wild

Is it possible that the controller was fried when I touched the wires? I wouldn’t think it would run under any situation if the controller was bad.
Gjschisler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 01:31 PM   #14
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Can you take a picture of your controller and solenoid?
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 02:38 PM   #15
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Is it possible that the controller was fried when I touched the wires? I wouldn’t think it would run under any situation if the controller was bad.
It is possible that the controller was damaged, but it is also possible that one or more of the switches or some of the Plug/Jack pins was damage when the got zapped with the amps caused by shorting B+ to B- through them.

The weakest like in that chain is the reed switch, so the first place I'd look for voltage is the smaller of the three wires coming out of the backside of the charger port.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 03:30 PM   #16
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

jb, op said the reverse buzzer works so not the reed switch. I’m not sure that it is a PDS.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 01:05 PM   #17
Gjschisler
Not Yet Wild

It is a PDS. I will go get some pictures now.
Old 11-21-2020, 04:12 PM   #18
Sterns
Not Yet Wild

Sounds like you may have damaged the controller, did you resolve the issue?
Sterns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 10:30 PM   #19
Gjschisler
Not Yet Wild

I purchased a new controller, identical to what I had, installed today. Still have the same problems. Beyond frustrated.
Old 12-03-2020, 08:18 AM   #20
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Quote:
I purchased a new controller, identical to what I had, installed today. Still have the same problems. Beyond frustrated.
The controller is not getting the proper signal from the switches mentioned above to tell it to activate the solenoid. Once the controller sees the proper inputs, it closes the solenoid activation circuit by connecting it to battery negative (like you did with the jumper wire).

I have attached instructions that will help you isolate which input is missing. However, to do this, you MUST test the pins while they are STILL CONNECTED TO THE CONTROLLER using a BACK-PROBE.

Start with the steps on page 2
Attached Files
File Type: pdf EZ-GO PDS with 1206MX Control.pdf (1.04 MB, 0 views)
rockfordpi is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO