lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-17-2020, 10:09 AM   #1
brokebuggy
Gone Wild

Default TXT48 Low Battery fault??

I have a txt48 here. Just installed new batteries and cables, when I took it for a test drive it felt like it would randomly shut off. Hooked up my hand set and found a low battery fault code. All the battery cables are new, solenoid to controller cables are good with new lugs crimped on and I replaced the solenoid. I can still feel it when driving, its not constant I would say about once every 1/4 mile and it only happens for a second then goes right back to driving correct. watching both the digital meter on the dash and the hand set I don't see a voltage drop when the cart seems to loose power.
brokebuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-17-2020, 11:24 AM   #2
brokebuggy
Gone Wild

Default Re: TXT48 Low Battery fault??

Hey had a used controller on the shelf I forgot about, swapped it out and the problem is gone. The other controller must have a ghost in it. I assume the capacitor looses charge. Either way new controller on the way
brokebuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 10:49 PM   #3
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

Default Re: TXT48 Low Battery fault??

Internal capacitors in the old controller likely got bad, leaky, high ESR, or bulgy. Cart was probably running off the pre-charge until capacitors couldn't carry the load.
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO