lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-22-2021, 08:42 PM   #1
ooshnoo
Not Yet Wild

Default New Star Classic Owner

Hey fellas...

After our $1200 2000 Club Car DS blew up last fall, my kids were dying for a new cart to cruise the neighborhood.

We found a 2014 Star Classic 36v cart that had new batteries, new body, new tires, new wheels, new windscreen, new side mirrors, new top, new smart charger and new seats for $4800.

I know it's a lower end model / brand, but anything higher priced was not in my budget and with the refurbishment it had gone through, it was a good deal.

A few questions I had...

1. Does anyone know of any seat covers available? As I mentioned, the seats are new, but they're tan, and not my cup of tea.

2. Can someone recommend a better more "hip" and modern looking steering wheel? This one comes with the standard golfing wheel with clipboard.

3. I'm getting the idea that parts are hard to come by unless you go through a Star dealer...is this true?

Any good thoughts out there???

Thanks!
-A
ooshnoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-27-2021, 11:06 AM   #2
rogue07
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: New Star Classic Owner

Feeling you frustration. I waited for 2 months for local dealer to get a EZGO in that was in my budget and finally found a Star. Also looking to replace steering wheel and hesitant to just buy off Amazon, and agree with the tan seat issue.
Will be watching thread to see if you get any answers.
Alot harder to find anything for the Star, whether it is parts or just general info/details.
rogue07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 10:49 PM   #3
mlj427
Gone Wild

I bought a used ezgo steering wheel and ordered a new center hub cover or whatever they call it. Bolted right on. This wheel you can add a clip board or this type of cap this is much better then a clip board.
The seat covers I haven’t looked for yet but most are custom made in your colors so you will have to call different places and see if they have the patterns for Star.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 9230BDBB-2FE6-4667-8878-F3FAB7331455.jpeg (109.0 KB, 0 views)
mlj427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 12:42 PM   #4
ooshnoo
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlj427 View Post
I bought a used ezgo steering wheel and ordered a new center hub cover or whatever they call it. Bolted right on. This wheel you can add a clip board or this type of cap this is much better then a clip board.
The seat covers I haven’t looked for yet but most are custom made in your colors so you will have to call different places and see if they have the patterns for Star.
Thanks! Do you have a link to the wheel and cover you bought?
ooshnoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay