lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-20-2010, 07:13 PM   #1
fastride
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Clutch for 16hp. duromax

Can somebody please tell me what clutch would be the best for me to put on a new Duromax 16hp. engine? I am putting this in a 1995 CC. The original clutch is broke beyond repair as was the motor. I am not going to be doing anything special with this cart other than just using it around the house. And by the way, if anybody else is looking for one of these motors, Overstock.com now has them back in stock. They are $338.99 plus $2.95 shipping.
Thank you
fastride is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-24-2010, 05:16 PM   #2
ranchojes
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Clutch for 16hp. duromax

What did you figure out for a Clutch! How did your Retro Fit with the Duromax 16hp come out? Did you use the pedal start or just key it? I am in the same situation. I inherited my neighbors 93 Carryall and it blew up the 1st week. Club Car states the FE290 was far under powered so they went to the FE350 @11.5hp. Tom at Dixie has a 350 for $700, but that that is far too expensive so I am looking at the Honda Clones.

Lets chat... 16HP would make that Carryall move...

Last edited by ranchojes; 06-24-2010 at 05:18 PM.. Reason: duplicate post
ranchojes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 05:17 PM   #3
ranchojes
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

What did you figure out for a Clutch? How did your Retro Fit with the Duromax 16hp come out? Did you use the pedal start or just key it? I am in the same situation. I inherited my neighbors 93 Carryall and it blew up the 1st week. Club Car states the FE290 was far under powered so they went to the FE350 @11.5hp. Tom at Dixie has a 350 for $700, but that that is far too expensive so I am looking at the Honda Clones.

Lets chat... 16HP would make that Carryall move...[/QUOTE]
Old 06-25-2010, 10:18 AM   #4
ranchojes
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Hey Fast, I just got off the phone with Don Jackson, formerly with Comet and he states that the 203015A is the clutch to use. If you want to use the pedal start you have to purchase a puley with the 1" bore and 1/4 keyway and place it behind the drive clutch. Since the Duramax has a @ 1"x3" shaft there is enough room for everything...

I havent made up my mind whether to go with a new Kawasaki, FE350 (11.5hp) that simply bolts in or go with this Duramax 16HP. If I do go with the Duromax I am going to need help with the wiring and installation. I would love to keep the pedal start, but I guess it would be best to have a key start and simply use the charging system of the new 16hp. Can you help?
Old 06-27-2010, 09:37 AM   #5
fastride
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I am still trying to find a clutch. I have talked to several people and for some reason, i am having a problem finding one at a price that is not so ridiculously high. As far as the wiring goes, its not hard at all to wire up. I am not going to wire all of that other crap up. I am going to wire it up to use the key start that comes with it and then let it idle until i give it the gas to go. It will be working the same way as a go-kart or etc.
fastride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 08:57 AM   #6
ranchojes
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Sounds like what I did yesterday with my smokey FE290. run the accel like a go cart. I understand the Duromax doesnt have a gen/alt. How are you charging the battery?

Verbal instruction for the wiring would be very handy...
Old 06-28-2010, 02:20 PM   #7
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

I thought the duro had an gen on it but its not a high output one. Also if mioney is tight, just use your stock clutch for now
BLACK DEATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 03:13 PM   #8
orbash1
Not Yet Wild

I am in the same situation I have a 1991 club car with the kf82 engine that is locked up. I am possibly thinking on putting a carroll stream 16 hp engine in it. I do not want to put alot of cash into it. Can I use the drive clutch off the original engine or is this project going to need alot of fabrication? I also found a fe290 engine on ebay does anyone know if this just bolt in where the kf 82 was?
orbash1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 10:40 AM   #9
teesee150
Not Yet Wild

I just got my 16hp CarrollStream motor running this week in my Club Car. I ended up using this clutch: http://www.cartpartsplus.com/comet-7...nt-clutch.html

Worked extremely well, just needed to get a shorter bolt as the stock bolt was too long. I ordered a 3/8-24 x 4.75" bolt from McMaster. I also had to grind about a 1/16" off the crank key as it was too tall for the clutch to slide on.
teesee150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 10:54 AM   #10
teesee150
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbash1 View Post
I am in the same situation I have a 1991 club car with the kf82 engine that is locked up. I am possibly thinking on putting a carroll stream 16 hp engine in it. I do not want to put alot of cash into it. Can I use the drive clutch off the original engine or is this project going to need alot of fabrication? I also found a fe290 engine on ebay does anyone know if this just bolt in where the kf 82 was?
You need to buy a tapered clutch adapter to fit the Honda clones. You also need to machine a couple inches off the end of the crank as the stock crank is very short compared to the honda/honda clones.
teesee150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car