lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-09-2010, 09:00 PM   #1
cychhosis
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Plug fires 3/4 times, then nothing. Repeat.

'93 Pulled the plug out, hit the gas - plug has bright blue spark for about three revolutions then goes dead. If I release the lower micro switch in the black box and press it back in, it sparks and then stops. I disconnected the white wire (limiter ground?) and it made no difference. I disconnected the other (two wire) connection below the cylinder and had no spark what so ever. I'm too cheap (poor) to replace coils and ignitors without justification. Anything else to try before spending the big bucks?

I think I've read all the other "no spark" threads and not seen anything like this. Mods, please merge if I am mistaken.

Great site, I found the other threads very informative. Thanks!
cychhosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-09-2010, 09:45 PM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: Plug fires 3/4 times, then nothing. Repeat.

1st welcome, well i,m not a betting person but in my experence with that year range 1992 thur early 1996 if your engine ground is good and your spark plug and wire/boot are good and i was just gonna replace something i would do the ignitor and limitor at the same time..........the coils on that year are pretty hardy and i can,t tell you how many ignitors/limitors that i have replaced that were bad......now you can do them 1 at a time but its a crap shoot as to which one to do 1st cause theres no foolproof way to bench test them and the limited test you can do on them you might get a reading that says its good when in fact its not.....they go bad in several different ways.............if my memory serves me right i don,t think i ever put a set in that didn,t cure the problem when i got thur making sure the other stuff was ok.......this is just my opinion now but i have done more than my share of them.........good luck with it and post your results it could help others who run into the same issue..............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 10:24 PM   #3
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Usually the couple of sparks and quit problem always ends up being the ignitor mounted behind the revlimiter on the front lower portion of the block.
For a cheap fix, Try to find a weedeater or gas blower from a yard sale or junker/give-a-way from a small engine repair shop.
You are looking for an earlier model that has the ignitor externally mounted (like Echo brand mounts right under the carb) with one flat spade plug and mounting hole for ground.
You can unplug the wire from your ignitor behind the revlimiter and plug into the donor ignitor, ground the donor to the block and try it.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 01:44 PM   #4
cychhosis
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks for the help, I bookmarked a $16.00 ignitor from another thread, I guess I'll throw the dice on that first!! You guys are great!
Old 09-14-2010, 12:03 AM   #5
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cychhosis View Post
Thanks for the help, I bookmarked a $16.00 ignitor from another thread, I guess I'll throw the dice on that first!! You guys are great!
Last time I heard that phrase it involed a Motel room and a redheaded midget that was in.........oops, nevermind

$16.00 for an ignitor is good, keep us posted on the outcome.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 04:18 PM   #6
cychhosis
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Smile The Good, the bad, the ugly

The Good: 1) Even tho I was dreading threading the bolts back in without being able to see what I was doing, it went really easy.
2) My cart is fixed and my daughter is driving it around the yard! Thanks for the excellent advice.
3) I got off cheap!

The Bad: Went out to work on the cart today and had a flat tire!

The Ugly: Don't know if it was their fault (Milford Power), but waited two weeks for the part from the date they shipped it. Called once and left a message - no call back, called the second time and they said they would ship another. The one I installed was dated 9/17/10 as the shipping date. Not sure if it was the first or the last. Just curious if anyone else has had similar problems.

Just happy to have the cart running again for what little golf season I have left!!
Old 10-03-2010, 04:20 PM   #7
cychhosis
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash12888 View Post
Last time I heard that phrase it involed a Motel room and a redheaded midget that was in.........oops, nevermind

$16.00 for an ignitor is good, keep us posted on the outcome.
Crash + Train = Train wreck!!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car