lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-01-2015, 02:10 PM   #1
whiteriver23
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default G9 Lift Kit & Struts

I'm thinking about a couple spring projects for my '94 G9 namely a 4" lift and am curious if anybody has experience with those economy ($99) lifts?

Also been looking a long time for struts for the same cart and just can't seem to locate anything for a G9.

Thanks
JP
whiteriver23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-01-2015, 02:21 PM   #2
whiteriver23
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: G9 Lift Kit & Struts

Sorry, should have mentioned "roof" struts!
Old 03-01-2015, 03:40 PM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

The economy kit can allow the tire to rub on the rear of the metal rail with any significant amount of weight in the back. And i was constantly tightening the front up, so the "extensions" wouldnt shift to one side or the other, causing the wheel on the side it shifted toward to rub on the plastic inner fender/mud flap. This is with 22x11-10 tires. Granted, i can be a little "rough on the cart" sometimes. I am working on a homemade solution for the front, as i put umax2/jakes arms in the front and am not happy with the suspension geometry problems that created. The economy kit is not really intended for much serious off-road use.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2015-03-01 13.35.19.jpg (153.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2015-03-01 13.37.08.jpg (134.2 KB, 0 views)
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 04:14 PM   #4
whiteriver23
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Thanks Cg,

Here it is. Stock tires, maybe add whitewalls and baby moons plus a paint job with Magnet Paint for bed liners. Nothing extreme, for use on the course and around the neighborhood. Just can't picture in my mind how a lift would look or maybe I should just save the $99 for something else.

JP
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cart.jpg (58.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-07-2015, 07:29 PM   #5
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Check out the thread about the ebay lift in lifted carts area iirc, for 99 its just like a jakes. Cart is much nicer lifted they ride better and all, but you do have to buy lift and tires/wheels. Make sure you use offset wheels and atv tires are much more durable than lawn tires, and in 22 size you can get about anything. Its up to you but most all our carts started out looking just like that one. You can cheat a little and fit 20x8 lawn tires on them stock.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 09:59 PM   #6
whiteriver23
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Thanks sho,
Wish I'd have thought this through before. The lawn tires on the cart now are practically new. I'm assuming I'll have to get offset wheels with the 20" tires in place of the 8" wheels I have now?

Thanks
JP
Old 03-08-2015, 05:32 PM   #7
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Actually a lot of the lifts now don't fit 8" wheels, though some basic ones will. Its a safety issue the cart will be less stable without more offset when you lift it. I'd recommend you get 10" wheels they should fit any lift and look nice, are cheaper than 12s or larger which you can also use. You need a 4/4" bolt circle. Should be able to sell you current tires easily, can only use them with a budget lift that fits them and I can't recommend it. New wheels can make your cart look way nicer also, they don't cost that much more now for cool mags. Its up to you if you want to lift it or how, but can tell you its a nicer ride and looks nicer too, should make the cart that much more valuable.

I lifted my cart with a welder before lifts were sold back in '99. It has 8x8 wheels.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 06:04 PM   #8
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Some of the kits will accept 8" wheels,as long as they are offset.I've done Yamis and Ezgos with 8" offset wheels,with no issues in a 3" (20"-tire)or 5" lift(22" tire)-application.Hope this helps.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 08:32 PM   #9
whiteriver23
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Thanks Guys,

Done a little "window shopping with the sponsors and located a 6" lift, 8" 22 x 11 tire and wheel combo for about $600. Wheels are offset 8x7, can't tell if the lift is spindle or something else but, it looks good to me. Just hope Mr. Obama won't be upset if I'm a little late filing my income tax this year!

Thanks
JP
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha