lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-03-2015, 11:45 PM   #1
chilidog
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Question 86 g2

I got a 86 G2 back in the summer from a friend, even talked him down to $40...lol. It took me a day or two to get it fired up not bad considering it sat out in the weather for four years... Anyway, I've been working on it here lately and i got it running pretty decent. Installed a carb joint spacer with new gaskets, cleaned out fuel tank, new fuel filter, and installed a new wiring harness ( with a lil difficulty chasing loose grounds). Then it came to installing the new throttle cable which is where the trouble came. I intend on bypassing the governor with the cable but i can't even get the piece on the end of the cable to fit into the hole below the gas pedal. So I guess my question is, are the new cables slightly different in size than the originals and can i just take the whole pedal assembly out and ever so gently bore the hole just a little bit to make it fit? On a side note the other end of the cable that is threaded won't even fit in the hole its supposed to. I guess i will bore it out as well... unless you guys have a better way to do it.....I will try to get some pics as soon as I can
chilidog is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-05-2015, 01:33 PM   #2
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: 86 g2

I replaced a few and never had to touch anything it must be the wrong cable. Its best to make a little L bracket to mount the cable to the carb as it wont fit well if you use the short cable mount on there. You can bend that one to do it. Or you can take the trans governor arm off and drill the flat out of the shaft hole so it spins on the trans, then put it back stock and you will have no governor but all stock cables. You will have to put a spring on the governor arm to hold it down and return the throttle is all.

Sure you can make that cable fit, but next cable you may not know what cable you put on it.

I would not recommend screaming it down hills or for very far. Running 22 tires will cut rpm some and they wont overrev long as you don't go down big hills screaming it, but stock tires it will get more rpm due to lower gearing. I ran about 30mph stock on 22s with no governor on the level, sometimes 31, on gps. 15lb in the tires (mostly the rears where the weight is) helps.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 04:51 PM   #3
chilidog
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 86 g2

Ive got 18" mower tires on the the front and 20" on the back...still gotta get the air box lined out. The one i have is missing parts but i have my eye on one. Im having to use an odd ball filter to keep the resistance it needs to run. I run it but only for a few mins at a time...
chilidog is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha